Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Todays Jordanelle Koke attempt
Failed.
Fished for Kokes 8:30am-noon. Not a single hit and not a Koke’ish mark on the sonar.
I did enjoy an excellent parking spot at the ramp and a very relaxed launch and load.
After getting spanked by the Kokes went after perch.
Caught 40-45 perch but only 8 keepers, the biggest one at 10.25”, enough for dinner for my wife and I.
Also caught a bonus Brownie.
I was joined on the lake by a group of waterskiers, a person on a motorized paddleboard, and a handful of other fishing craft.
Absolutely beautiful day to run the boat around.[Image: 2161-D284-5168-4-FEC-8456-6-FB1-C1965-D4-B.jpg]

[Image: E401-A8-D9-E692-461-D-B1-D7-D1595-D22-E4-B9.jpg]

[Image: E807861-A-7-EE9-4-EBE-BA3-D-23777-AF85-F11.jpg]

[Image: 7-B02583-F-7-CF8-45-D7-8905-71-C55435519-D.jpg]
Nice write-up & pics. Wondering where you got the perch, how deep, etc.
Thanks for the report and pics.

I had some friends (4) up there on pontoons yesterday and they told me about the skiers, motorized board, and some guy actually swimming.

The group said they picked up one cutthroat, one brown, and the rest were rainbows from 12" to 17" long.  They were all fly fishing.
Gofish,
Yes, I saw your four buddies and fished in the same bay as they.
They knew I was after perch and told me where they marked a ‘tall’ school.
I knew perch would not school like that and went over to investigate anyway.
I found the school, knew they were not perch, but tried jigging on them to find out what they were.
I could not get a fish out of that school and neither could your buddies.
Earlier in the morning I found an identical school at the ice line in the back of the Rock Cliff arm.
I could not get a bite out of that school either.
Out of the plethora of fish in Jordanelle, my money is that those two schools were wipers and have lockjaw in these temps.
By the way, your buddies are very friendly fellers and please tell them the ugly one-handed guy in the silver boat said hello.
Shane, when do you get your ice gear out? Hope the retirement is treating you well... Thanks for posting was nice to catch up a bit on your adventures... Later Jeff
When things get stressful think I'll go fish'en and worry about it tomorrow!
Hi Jeff,
I had my ice gear out two times the week before my Jordanelle trip.
I was on UL catching White Bass, the bite was insane. Also caught some perch and a decent crappie.
I’m not a biologist but I play one on BFT, I think the carp removal program is working.
I have no other explanation for all the perch showing up?
Retirement is great, I should have done it at 40 and not waited till I was 50!
I actually do a little part time work for Jackson Engineering, not a lot, usually 9-12 hrs/week and just fit my work with them between my fishing/hunting days.
I also have my big shop in my backyard, I work on boats and trailers for friends and I enjoy doing that.
The duck club also gets a fair portion of my time, I really enjoy working that property with wetland conservation, phrag control, water control,etc.
I am dying to get to Hyrum, I began fishing there in my youth and love getting back up there.
Thank you for saying ‘Hi’ and I wish you a great time on Newton tomorrow, and a Merry Christmas the day after.
Shane