Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Humminbird Mega 360
Has anyone on this forum got the Mega 360 fish finder?  Okay I watch too much IDO (InDepthOutdoors) but that tech is looking so interesting to me, I'd love to tag along with someone if they have it?  I know I can't afford it, but it sure looks like it works great for both of the last two weeks on IDO's weekly trips... Looks like side imaging in circles around you and sure seems to be showing them where to find the crappie and perch this week...  Anyway just curious what your thoughts are about the tech.. Thanks Jeff
When things get stressful think I'll go fish'en and worry about it tomorrow!
Wow with all the early adopters of panoptics live scope I figured some would try the 360. Is there a feeling that it’s not on par with the Garmin so no one is investing that much coin into it? Just curious what your thoughts are. Later Jeff
I have the mega 360.     I use it mostly for fishing for sturgeon.

maybe i can take you out, on one of your lakes and fish the way you do, me I'm only good at trolling. 

this was in Oct 2020 at deer creek the fish on the bottom may be walley I don't fish for them

[Image: snp1015200052.jpg]

[Image: snp1015202626.jpg]

[Image: snp1015204706.jpg]

[Image: snp1015205913.jpg]
Thank you very much for the reply. From what I understand that 360 is more for still fishing and seeing what is around you and it takes a lot of adjusting the contrast and sensitivity to get it to show you a particular species. I’ll bet for your trolling the side imaging is probably better for you. Have you found it useful on the sturgeon? I’d really like to see this system on the ice, especially on shallow water. Appreciate the offer and maybe next year when you get trolling again I’ll have to meet up and take a ride. I’ve heard that the systems are getting complicated enough now that it almost takes some one dedicated to running the finder and directing the others where to fish. Hope that isn’t the case, but I’m sure you’d miss less fish with a constant eye on things. Anyway, thanks again. Jeff
it is best for still fishing but I do use it for trolling for kokanee but it is only good if I see more than 10 kokes together.  then I can turn the boat towards them.  and settings are a big dill.
(12-23-2020, 07:16 PM)liketrolling Wrote: it is best for still fishing but I do use it for trolling for kokanee but it is only good if I see more than 10 kokes together.  then I can turn the boat towards them.  and settings are a big dill.
Thanks again, Do you have the big screen to use this capability?  I wonder if the 8" might be a little hard to see the small details that you need to pay attention too...  Boy if I hit the jackpot sometime, I could sure spend a lot of money on a system... Thanks for the help with my dumb questions...  Jeff