Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Christmas Eve (morning) Newton Invite
Got a kitchen pass for tomorrow morning. If anyone is interested I’m going to hit Newton. Just fishing no breakfast being served tomorrow. Going to be on the main bay by the dam. I may take the Nanook flip tomorrow in case it gets too cold. If not look for the beat up GMC truck I’ll be close by. Later Jeff
When things get stressful think I'll go fish'en and worry about it tomorrow!
Sorry, got to work tomorrow, but will be there Sat morning.
Saturday morning as well, I wish I could get a hall pass tomorrow id be lion or bobcat chasin!
Stupidly, I'm on call all day. Free, but not.
It was a great morning. REport later. Jeff

PS Big thank you to Burly. Saved my day!!!!
Jeff, can't wait for the report. On a differnt note I was surfing YouTube last night and found...wait for it....you catching burbot at the Gorge. Fun video. Got to try a overnighter there
Remember: keep the lid on the worms, share your jerky, and stop by to say hi to Cookie and the Cowboy-Pirate crew
You're welcome. Hospital bill and laundry bill will have to be settled later.
Good fishing to all.   Hue
Joatmon and I may be there Saturday as well. Let's call each other and compare notes. Is there phone service there?
The older I get the more I would rather be considered a good man than a good fisherman.

(12-24-2020, 08:05 PM)catchinon Wrote: Joatmon and I may be there Saturday as well. Let's call each other and compare notes. Is there phone service there?

What time ya gonna be there? I'm trying for 7ish, hopefully a muskie accidently bites my hook!
Yes there is cell service there... Sorry I’m so late it was a busy day.. anyway Pizzaman and I hit the pond about 7:00 and it was really a fun day the perch were bigger and hungry, lots of hits. Crappie also found my hook, they don’t play by the Pineview book though, they were about a foot off bottom and seemed to be hungry. Well I think I had 20 something perch with all over 7” today and most around 9”. Could have got a lot more, but I played around with different rigs. Burly came and joined us at sunup and we had a nice visit and I got the call that my daughter was about to go to her in-laws so get home in an hour. I figured I had half hour and I’d only been catching 7”ers on my gizzy bug (which btw every time I got it to the bottom I got a hit on the first or second jig. It was a guaranteed fish no question but smallest fish I got all morning..) Anyway, wanting bigger fish, I put a flutter spoon and a little piece of perch and dropped it down. I jigged it once then went to lift it again and got smashed with the hardest hit all year. After my reel screaming as line was getting peeled of it, I finally got a little positive ground and started pleading for help. Burly came to my rescue and got my transducer out of the hole and then when I finally wore the fish down Burley grabbed it in the mouth to let it bite his gloves so he could pull the tiger out of the water. He did perfect and as soon as it was on the deck it cut my line. Well Burly didnt notice at the time, but the Musky really chewed up his hand even through those thick gloves he had on. Sorry Burly those bloody fingers looked really sore. Anyway, this was my first Tiger and thanks to good help I got it landed. Not a monster but for me I was really happy 31.5”. Thanks Ira and Burly you guys really helped make a great trip. Later Jeff

[Image: C3-C4-C64-C-C9-F0-43-F3-BDFF-F4-F461968-A82.jpg]

[Image: 2-E581462-3036-4264-A132-D88-BFFFD2842.jpg]
Yes!! That’s a great report sir. I debated getting on here as I take a break from wrapping presents, darn glad I did. Well done. Congrats.
Great report there Jeff, and a nice batch of fat fish for tacos.  
"OCD = Obsessive Catfish Disorder "
    Or so it says on my license plate holder

Cool
Well done Jeff, great way to start the holiday with a 1st
What an awesome catch! I hope for that each time I go to Newton and Pineview.  Congrats!
(12-24-2020, 07:32 PM)Cowboypirate Wrote: Jeff, can't wait for the report. On a differnt note I was surfing YouTube last night and found...wait for it....you catching burbot at the Gorge. Fun video. Got to try a overnighter there
Oh man I thought they would have cut that. Guess that’s what happens on slow trips. I’m hoping to do an overnight er there as well this year. That’s a long ride for a day trip, but two days could be great. Hope it will work. Thanks Jeff

(12-24-2020, 07:55 PM)BURLEY Wrote: You're welcome. Hospital bill and laundry bill will have to be settled later.
Man I really ruined your day with that toothy slimy beast you wrastled for me. I’ll be watching the mail or ready to return the favor next trip. Thank you. Jeff

(12-24-2020, 08:43 PM)Fritzfishin Wrote:
(12-24-2020, 08:05 PM)catchinon Wrote: Joatmon and I may be there Saturday as well. Let's call each other and compare notes. Is there phone service there?

What time ya gonna be there? I'm trying for 7ish, hopefully a muskie accidently bites my hook!
I usually try 7:00 it’s starting to get light so you don’t freeze too long before the sun comes up. Muskie got my hook at 10:30 ish. Later Jeff

Small pond I’ll try to have my flag so you can find me. I think I’ll be there and see y’all. Later Jeff 

(12-25-2020, 06:29 AM)EyLayo Wrote: Yes!! That’s a great report sir. I debated getting on here as I take a break from wrapping presents, darn glad I did. Well done. Congrats.
Thanks, I decided I’d stay up a little later and do the report before I forgot to do it. Are you going to try it tomorrow as well?  Say hey if you get a chance.  Thanks again. Jeff 

(12-25-2020, 01:01 PM)Tin-Can Wrote: Great report there Jeff, and a nice batch of fat fish for tacos.  
Thanks Forest, that was my thoughts as well, unless the end up being Pats fish chowder, both sounds really good to me. Later Jeff

(12-25-2020, 01:14 PM)2knots Wrote: Well done Jeff, great way to start the holiday with a 1st
Thanks Alan, always nice when Lady Luck Smiles. Good luck at Mackey..Jeff

(12-25-2020, 02:06 PM)Jig-fisher Wrote: What an awesome catch! I hope for that each time I go to Newton and Pineview.  Congrats!
Thanks Paul, I actually had given up on fooling one and didn’t really think that is what I had until I seen it. I was thinking monster bass, but I should have known nothing else could fight that hard out of there. Fun surprise for sure. Thanks Jeff
(12-25-2020, 06:06 AM)SkunkedAgain Wrote: Yes there is cell service there... Sorry I’m so late it was a busy day.. anyway Pizzaman and I hit the pond about 7:00 and it was really a fun day the perch were bigger and hungry, lots of hits. Crappie also found my hook, they don’t play by the Pineview book though, they were about a foot off bottom and seemed to be hungry. Well I think I had 20 something perch with all over 7” today and most around 9”. Could have got a lot more, but I played around with different rigs. Burly came and joined us at sunup and we had a nice visit and I got the call that my daughter was about to go to her in-laws so get home in an hour. I figured I had half hour and I’d only been catching 7”ers  on my gizzy bug (which btw every time I got it to the bottom I got a hit on the first or second jig. It was a guaranteed fish no question but smallest fish I got all morning..) Anyway, wanting bigger fish, I put a flutter spoon and a little piece of perch and dropped it down. I jigged it once then went to lift it again and got smashed with the hardest hit all year. After my reel screaming as line was getting peeled of it, I finally got a little positive ground and started pleading for help. Burly came to my rescue and got my transducer out of the hole and then when I finally wore the fish down Burley grabbed it in the mouth to let it bite his gloves so he could pull the tiger out of the water. He did perfect and as soon as it was on the deck it cut my line. Well Burly didnt notice at the time, but the Musky really chewed up his hand even through those thick gloves he had on. Sorry Burly those bloody fingers looked really sore. Anyway, this was my first Tiger and thanks to good help I got it landed. Not a monster but for me I was really happy 31.5”. Thanks Ira and Burly you guys really helped make a great trip. Later Jeff

[Image: C3-C4-C64-C-C9-F0-43-F3-BDFF-F4-F461968-A82.jpg]

[Image: 2-E581462-3036-4264-A132-D88-BFFFD2842.jpg]

Very nice Jeff  Big Grin that's awesome to see you got that musky top side. Hope burley heals up fine and gets a new pair of gloves. I've had my share of those nasty teeth over the years and I always forget when the blood gets flowing bringing one in.
Thanks Matt, wasn’t very big, but was sure fun. Lot of planter bows today. Fun break. Later Jeff