Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Echo 12/23
[Image: IMG-43131.jpg]

[Image: 20201223-155742.jpg]Hit echo 12/23..  Ice 6" everywhere we went. We  took out our snowmachins.  Fishing was poor to say the least. Only dinky perch.  And I mean DINKS ! One guy next to us did land 2 browns.  He was using a cutter bug tipped with cut bait. There seems to be way to many small perch there.

Attached Files Image(s)

Pack it in
PACK IT OUT ! 
I'll concur with your recent Echo trip report..buddy and I were there day before you were (22 Dec.)..we were fishing by about 0830 in 33 fow, about 300 yds toward the dam, from the boat ramp...I thought if we'd get away from the more popular boat ramp area, maybe we'd get into some better action/fish....NOT SO....oh, we got our bites, but like fish 'n the hog said, dinky dinks...I wasn't counting, but I'm sure I reeled in at least 3 dozen in the 3 to 6" range, with way more than twice that many 'Swing and a Miss'...hard to have a snack or a drink with all that going on, but if you want action, this is the place to go....No trout seen on screens for us, though we both had a line up higher in case...my buddy did ice a 9"er, (perch) and I put 7 on ice in the 7.5 to 8" range, so he took home 8 to clean and have a couple good meals...Very windy 1030 to 1100, extremely windy 1100 to 1130, (nearly ripped my tent apart, damaged my buddy's), and then just very windy again 1130 to 1145, when we were able to help each other break down tents and leave...Glad to get out of there, but another safe fishing adventure, thankfully...Guluk...
[Image: 3774.jpg]

[Image: 1218201136a.jpg]
Echo has big perch just gotta know the lake