Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Any Tibble Fork Ice Fishing Reports?
Has anyone been up to Tibble Fork recently?
Was up there about 10 days ago. Ice was 6-8” and we caught 15-16 planters in a couple hours. If you can handle a hockey game, wedding photo shoots, hoards of people messing around, guys chopping a hole in the ice with an ace for a polar plunge I’d say you could have a lot of fun up there.
Are there Grayling in Tibble Fork? Of so, thoughts on catching some of those?
I have gotten one credible report of a grayling catch there. I don't think any have been planted but there are a lot in Silver Lake Flat Reservoir up above it and I can only guess that somehow one (or more) found a way down to Tibble Fork. That one was caught up at the top of the reservoir near where the creek comes in. As you may know, the fishing is good for planted rainbows and the occasional brown trout. Usual ice fishing methods apply. I don't know how many rainbows you would have to sort through to find any grayling. If you could get up to Silver Lake Flat you would have a much better chance but you would need a snow machine and I don't know if there is a locked gate. You could call the Pleasant Grove Ranger District to find out. Good luck.
The older I get the more I would rather be considered a good man than a good fisherman.