Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Newton 12/26
Hit Newton early this morning.  I walked out to a place that I have done well at in the past.  Punched some holes and dropped down my offerings.  I caught a few dink perch and put them back, then the crappie showed up. They were biting well and at one point the bottom 5 feet of water was covered in marks. It was steady for the first couple of hours including several doubles, including multi-species doubles of crappie and bluegill.  About 930 it slowed and the crappie moved.  I did too to try and find them again, but only caught a few here and there. Ended up with 2 dozen crappie between 8 and 10 inches and 2 gills around 7 inches.  I never caught a perch over 5 inches.[Image: 20201226-111617.jpg]

[Image: 20201226-111643.jpg]

I met Fritzfishin while there, it was good to put a face with the handle.  I hope you found the bass or tiger you were looking for.
[Image: 20201226-113617.jpg]

One little bass it was good meeting you out there

[Image: 20201226-081334.jpg]

Check out that white perch, never seen one so white before
Nice job on the bass!  That is a very pale perch.
Great report, and thanks for the tips. Wife and I had a great time catching crappie and perch late in the afternoon. She caught a very pale perch as well, it was the largest of the perch we caught but still pretty small. She also managed a sunfish.
(12-27-2020, 02:02 PM)JArner Wrote: Great report, and thanks for the tips. Wife and I had a great time catching crappie and perch late in the afternoon. She caught a very pale perch as well, it was the largest of the perch we caught but still pretty small. She also managed a sunfish.

How did the auger do?
Live to hunt----- Hunt to live.
Sweet! How thick was the ice where you were? Jeff commented the area I believe you said you were in was open water a couple days earlier. No big perch found my hook either
It was about 4".  You could see the spot that was probably open to the north of where I was at.  I drilled a few test holes as I went out just to make sure.

I saw your toad of a bass on the contest page.  Nice!  Where were you guys at?
(12-27-2020, 04:59 PM)a_bow_nut Wrote:
(12-27-2020, 02:02 PM)JArner Wrote: Great report, and thanks for the tips. Wife and I had a great time catching crappie and perch late in the afternoon. She caught a very pale perch as well, it was the largest of the perch we caught but still pretty small. She also managed a sunfish.

How did the auger do?

The auger is working out well. Definitely tell it takes a bit more juice than the hand auger conversion, but it doesn’t try to walk on me either.
(12-27-2020, 05:59 PM)Jig-fisher Wrote: It was about 4".  You could see the spot that was probably open to the north of where I was at.  I drilled a few test holes as I went out just to make sure.

I saw your toad of a bass on the contest page.  Nice!  Where were you guys at?

Thanks. I was grateful to see him (or her). Really should research gender identification.  Started near middle of main body, then migrated towards the dam