Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pelican 12-25
Made a run out to Pelican to see how things are going.  Arrived at noonish and made my way out on 6-8 inches of ice where I checked.

Fishing was SLOW.  Set up and fished till dark catching two bass, three six inch bullheads, and a half dozen bluegill that were lucky to push three inches. 

The lake is way down. The deepest I could find was eight feet deep and water clarity was maybe three to four feet. 

[Image: IMG-20201225-135049461.jpg]

[Image: IMG-20201225-154736002.jpg]

simple photo app
Live to hunt----- Hunt to live.
I thought they poisoned Pelican recently
They did a couple of years ago. Then they started planting fish just months after poisoning it.

Unfortunately I did see one little carp swim past the camera during the day. Didn't see any tiger muskies but sure hope to tie into one out there one day.
Live to hunt----- Hunt to live.
(12-27-2020, 04:50 AM)a_bow_nut Wrote: They did a couple of years ago. Then they started planting fish just months after poisoning it.

Unfortunately I did see one little carp swim past the camera during the day. Didn't see any tiger muskies but sure hope to tie into one out there one day.
I'm afraid the great bluegill fishery of the 70s and 80s is long gone, sure miss those days. Sick
(12-28-2020, 10:53 PM)PACKFAN Wrote:
(12-27-2020, 04:50 AM)a_bow_nut Wrote: They did a couple of years ago. Then they started planting fish just months after poisoning it.

I'm afraid the great bluegill fishery of the 70s and 80s is long gone, sure miss those days. Sick
I think us old timers can say that about a lot of the fisheries...that once was.  Great while they lasted.  But alas.