Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Provo Boat Harbor 12/26
Decided duck hunting would be too involved today, so went after fishies instead.  I have been to UL State Park twice in the past week with both yielding fish, but not the buckets others have posted.  Well, 3rd time is the charm!  After hitting the boat docks for 2.5 hours and not having much to show, we moved out to the outer harbor and finally found them.  My boy had a great time, and the fishing (catching) was pretty steady from 11-1.

It takes way too long to clean 75 fish, but the tacos, ceviche, and plain old fried fish will be yummy over the next couple months. Smile[Image: 20201226-110803.jpg][Image: 20201226-134240.jpg]

[/url][url=https://imgbb.com/]upload pics for free[Image: 20201226-220142.jpg]
Nice haul! We have plans to be there this afternoon, this gives me hope for a decent afternoon bite.
We caught a few here and there after 1, but the magic hours were definitely between 10-1.  Good luck!
(12-27-2020, 02:21 PM)MWScott72 Wrote: We caught a few here and there after 1, but the magic hours were definitely between 10-1.  Good luck!
Took the drive up after reading posts about Utah Lake.
I have not ice fished there for piles of years.
We went to Provo State Park got there about 4:15 yesterday afternoon.  12-26-20
There were lots of people.  Didn't know it was so popular.

Watched fishers for 10 min. or so and saw that the folks in the outer harbor seemed to be doing better.  I walked out to some predrilled holes about 30 yds off North dike.  Dropped the Kastmaster and started catching White Bass at once.

Even with my catching I could not bribe the bride to get out of the outfit and onto the ice.  She said "It's to cold these pants are real thin." (hadn't really planned for much so we didn't take insulated pants and stuff to spend much time in cold)  I fished for 15 min. or so as it was more or less on a lark we were there. I would guess that in that short time I caught near to 20 fish all white bass.

Did not tip Kastmaster with anything. A lot of the time it would not make it to the bottom before being picked up.  Water was in the neighborhood of 8' deep.

I could get into this kind of minimalist fishing.  One rod, no bait, no auger, no sonar, no sled and as many fish as a fellar wants to catch.

If bite slowed I would move to a diff. hole 10' away.  When it paused there off to another hole.  Someone had been kind enough to supply me with 3 holes 10' apart.
Do you guys go out from the state park entrance? Or do you drive around Provo bay to Swede road? Also PAC did you go left into the harbor off the dike or to the right? We’re grabbing some food now but headed somewhere in a bit to catch some more. We have 3 WB so far and a couple of perch. Thanks for the help.