Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Newton 12/26
I had heard jig-fisher had hit Newton early and he responded to my text with a phone call. My wife was in the car with me and heard the fun he was having catching crappie. Before we made it back to the house she was talking about turning our afternoon into a fishing expedition. We already had plans to take the kids ice fishing the following day. 

We made it to the parking lot around 1:45 and punched our first holes at 2. My wife is a bit timid on the ice and when the crust layer started to crunch we stopped for a bit, probably 60 yards from jig-fishers spot. We had 22’ of water and dinky perch. My wife pulled up a 6” very pale perch which was the largest of the day. Once her nerves calmed a bit she asked me to explain the sounds beneath her feet, I must have done a decent job as we then moved out further and found some very willing crappie. It was fast fishing till the school moved on. We moved a few feet and found them again for another round of fast action. 

My wife calls it video game fishing, watching the finder light up and the jig movement on the screen Wink  

We saw the gray fox in a Newton backyard on our way home. 

[Image: E1-FB4-DA5-2797-4138-934-A-95-B2142-BEED0.jpg]

[Image: F4-E2994-C-12-EF-419-B-9250-FEA8-DAB538-B4.jpg]

[Image: A10-B56-C0-EB58-4-E2-E-A7-B2-8-E858-C9-BA24-B.jpg]

[Image: 6933-B7-BF-B327-4395-8-DF2-3-B6-A9-CC26795.jpg]
Great report. I'm glad you found the spot and got into the fish. Nice.
Not a bad way to spend a few hours. What ended up tricking the green sunfish?
(12-27-2020, 05:27 PM)EyLayo Wrote: Not a bad way to spend a few hours. What ended up tricking the green sunfish?

nothing different really, we were using Hali Sukula’s in chartreuse perch pattern tipped with wax worms.
Looks like a great outing
Remember: keep the lid on the worms, share your jerky, and stop by to say hi to Cookie and the Cowboy-Pirate crew
(12-27-2020, 09:02 PM)JArner Wrote:
(12-27-2020, 05:27 PM)EyLayo Wrote: Not a bad way to spend a few hours. What ended up tricking the green sunfish?

nothing different really, we were using Hali Sukula’s in chartreuse perch pattern tipped with wax worms.

Thanks. One day I’ll figure them little buggers out. Tell the Mrs congrats.