Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Strawberry Ice Fishing
Anyone been to Strawberry ice fishing? Any reports on ice condition? How was the fishing?
Was up there today. Ice was 3-4” thick where we were fishing. Fishing was fast and furious from 6:30-7:45. Then steady until about 12:00. Left at 12:30 and caught 40-45. Got two cutts right at 22” with a good mix of bows and cutts.
(12-30-2020, 09:54 PM)Cambium Wrote: Was up there today. Ice was 3-4” thick where we were fishing. Fishing was fast and furious from 6:30-7:45. Then steady until about 12:00. Left at 12:30 and caught 40-45. Got two cutts right at 22” with  a good mix of bows and cutts.
Thanks for the report.  What part of Strawberry were you fishing?
Heading there Friday. What area ? if you dont mind me asking.
Pack it in
PACK IT OUT ! 
We were in Badger bay. Fishing really slowed once the crowds showed up. We were fishing in 18-25 feet of water. Ratfinkies, gizzillas (wish I could find some more of those) and 1.5” tubes in a glow glitter worked best, tipped with either minnows or meal worms.
ive got a pile of maniacs and still talk to james, if you need some gazzillas shoot me a pm
Quote:Did you have to pay to park at the Marina and if so how much was is, thanks?
I belive it was $12 a day last year. We only parked there once at the end of the season. It was on the honor system and you pay in the store. I'm pretty sure they're losing out on a lot of $$ to supplement they're snow removal fund
(12-31-2020, 04:58 PM)Muskyon46 Wrote: I belive it was $12 a day last year. We only parked there once at the end of the season. It was on the honor system and you pay in the store. I'm pretty sure they're losing out on a lot of $$ to supplement they're snow removal fund
I received an email from the lodge indicating they were going to start charging the fee after Xmas this year.  They didn't tell me how much.
I agree that they will lose customers at the lodge store and restaurant because I am one of them.  How many other businesses do you know that charge a fee to drive to their place where you can spend money?
Yeah it was $12. We had parked at the restroom right before the marina and upon return were greeted with a slip on the truck that said please pay for parking.
Quote:I paid numerous times last year. I don't have an issue with paying. Just want to come with the correct amount in cash if they are collecting on the roadway like last year.

Cambium Wrote:Yeah it was $12. We had parked at the restroom right before the marina and upon return were greeted with a slip on the truck that said please pay for parking.
Thanks! I will come prepared.
Out of curiosity how can the enforce the parking fee
(12-31-2020, 05:47 PM)limitone Wrote: How many other businesses do you know that charge a fee to drive to their place where you can spend money?

How many businesses have to plow miles of roadway, every time it storms, and probably 95% of the folks who use their parking lot don't spend a dime in their restaurant or marina store?
(12-31-2020, 08:53 PM)kentofnsl Wrote:
(12-31-2020, 05:47 PM)limitone Wrote: How many other businesses do you know that charge a fee to drive to their place where you can spend money?

How many businesses have to plow miles of roadway, every time it storms, and probably 95% of the folks who use their parking lot don't spend a dime in their restaurant or marina store?

X2 on that I'll support them when using their facilities there. The drifting snow on that stretch of road is bad.  A ton of work.
(12-31-2020, 09:13 PM)Muskyon46 Wrote:
(12-31-2020, 08:53 PM)kentofnsl Wrote:

X2 on that I'll support them when using their facilities there. The drifting snow on that stretch of road is bad.  A ton of work.
As a reference at State Parks it's 10$ a day for seniors. An extra 2$ isn't bad. I've been spoiled to park there all these years for free.

It would be great if they would plow open the picnic loop right next to the marina for the weekend crowds to have additional places to park.