Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Rockport Tuesday Dec 29th
Well, the ice formed pretty quickly. Six days ago it was maybe 1/2 inch and today at the dam it was a good solid 4 inches thick. I would not say the access is the greatest as the lake being down low, the exposed rocks make it interesting pulling a sled with gear down and then back up that hill. I took my son-in-law out this morning. We arrived at 8 and stayed until 11. We caught a decent amount of perch in depths of 30 ft to 40 ft of water. We kept a few for fish tacos. A few smaller perch, but most in the 9 to 10-inch range. I did not find bigger ones as I found last winter. My son-in-law also caught a 21-inch brown trout. We used small spoons tipped with perch meat. Beautiful day to be out on ice that I thought would take another week to be safe in my book. Not as much traffic as Echo. 
Gabe
[Image: 20201229-102408.jpg][Image: 20201229-092036.jpg]
Thanks for the report. Sounds like you went in from the pullout by the dam? I’ve hauled my kayak and gear up and down that hill and it was tough.
(12-29-2020, 11:23 PM)JArner Wrote: Thanks for the report. Sounds like you went in from the pullout by the dam? I’ve hauled my kayak and gear up and down that hill and it was tough.
Yes we did. Last year, the water was up and you didn't have to go far down that path. Much easier.
Gabe
(12-29-2020, 11:35 PM)Freakyfisherman Wrote:
(12-29-2020, 11:23 PM)JArner Wrote: Thanks for the report. Sounds like you went in from the pullout by the dam? I’ve hauled my kayak and gear up and down that hill and it was tough.
Yes we did. Last year, the water was up and you didn't have to go far down that path. Much easier.
Gabe

Thanks for confirming. Trying to plan a trip with my two youngest in the morning, haven’t decided on a destination yet.
Thanks for the report. I hope the ice keeps getting thicker for my liking