Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Floatation Fishing (Tubin' & Toonin')
After I posted my writeup on floatation fishing the Sea of Cortez last week I had a couple of inquiries about other subjects.  Thought I would put up my pieces on my history of float tubing and on the fact that "floatation fishing" is a serious fishing system.

Yeah, I know.  It's ice fishing time.  But I don't ice fish anymore and I have the time to go back and do some updates and rewrites on old material.  So deal with it.
(12-29-2020, 11:16 PM)TubeDude Wrote: After I posted my writeup on floatation fishing the Sea of Cortez last week I had a couple of inquiries about other subjects.  Thought I would put up my pieces on my history of float tubing and on the fact that "floatation fishing" is a serious fishing system.

Yeah, I know.  It's ice fishing time.  But I don't ice fish anymore and I have the time to go back and do some updates and rewrites on old material.  So deal with it.
Would you mind if I put this material on the home page with one of the photos??  I know the Utah members don't necessarily visit the home page, but maybe this could help some new comers visiting the site? 

Let me know! 

Thank you!
Vicki
(12-29-2020, 11:16 PM)TubeDude Wrote: After I posted my writeup on floatation fishing the Sea of Cortez last week I had a couple of inquiries about other subjects.  Thought I would put up my pieces on my history of float tubing and on the fact that "floatation fishing" is a serious fishing system.

Thank you Pat, I can't wait to study these.... My quick look was some wonderful stuff here, I really want to try and absorb this stuff.... Thanks for posting it.... Jeff
When things get stressful think I'll go fish'en and worry about it tomorrow!
(12-30-2020, 03:50 AM)vicki@bigfishtackle Wrote:

Would you mind if I put this material on the home page with one of the photos??  I know the Utah members don't necessarily visit the home page, but maybe this could help some new comers visiting the site? 

Let me know! 

Thank you!
Vicki
Go for it.  Happy to share with anyone who can benefit from it.

Anything else you'd like?
Pat, your various jig treatises would be invaluable to a very wide spectrum of anglers. I do strongly suggest you add a copyright statement to each and every one of them. You no longer have to do a federal application, just stating that material is copyrighted is sufficient. Why? Because without one, anybody can copy it verbatim, publish it, and then HE owns the copyright and YOU can't use it again.
(12-30-2020, 03:49 PM)RockyRaab2 Wrote: Pat, your various jig treatises would be invaluable to a very wide spectrum of anglers. I do strongly suggest you add a copyright statement to each and every one of them. You no longer have to do a federal application, just stating that material is copyrighted is sufficient. Why? Because without one, anybody can copy it verbatim, publish it, and then HE owns the copyright and YOU can't use it again.
Thanks Rocky.  I appreciate your insight...inasmuch as you are a published author in several areas.

Howsomever, at this point in my (long) life I care less about the potential for future plagiarism than about downloading and sharing some of what I think I have learned with others who might be further down on the learning curve.  I prefer to risk proprietary credits in order to avoid having it buried in my computer when I reach my expiration date.
Thank you! Will post it to the home page!  Appreciate it. 

I know you mentioned you don't Ice Fish any longer, but do you happen to have anything written up about Ice Fishing Tips, or Ice Fishing Safety Tips that I could post on the home page??
I mistakenly thought I would be able to grab one of your pictures from the document you attached and include on the homepage. I am not able to do that. When you have time can you post a few pictures here so I can grab them and put with the articles?
(12-30-2020, 04:41 PM)vicki@bigfishtackle Wrote: I mistakenly thought I would be able to grab one of your pictures from the document you attached and include on the homepage.  I am not able to do that.  When you have time can you post a few pictures here so I can grab them and put with the articles?
It is usually not possible to isolate pics from a PDF file.  But if you will send me a PM listing whatever pics you would like...by page number of the writeup...I will send you the pics in Jpeg format.

(12-30-2020, 04:37 PM)vicki@bigfishtackle Wrote: Thank you! Will post it to the home page!  Appreciate it. 

I know you mentioned you don't Ice Fish any longer, but do you happen to have anything written up about Ice Fishing Tips, or Ice Fishing Safety Tips that I could post on the home page??
I do not have anything specific on ice fishing in general.  But I do have ice fishing sections in my writeups on Utah Lake, Willard Bay, Starvation, etc.  I would be happy to combine those into one page...or post them individually on one post.

If you wish, I could put together a generalized overview of ice fishing...with coverage of the individual components of ice fishing...equipment, lures, baits, species, safety, etc.  Might take a few days but I'll be glad to do it if there is enough interest.
(12-30-2020, 04:49 PM)TubeDude Wrote:
(12-30-2020, 04:41 PM)vicki@bigfishtackle Wrote: I mistakenly thought I would be able to grab one of your pictures from the document you attached and include on the homepage.  I am not able to do that.  When you have time can you post a few pictures here so I can grab them and put with the articles?
It is usually not possible to isolate pics from a PDF file.  But if you will send me a PM listing whatever pics you would like...by page number of the writeup...I will send you the pics in Jpeg format.

(12-30-2020, 04:37 PM)vicki@bigfishtackle Wrote: Thank you! Will post it to the home page!  Appreciate it. 

I do not have anything specific on ice fishing in general.  But I do have ice fishing sections in my writeups on Utah Lake, Willard Bay, Starvation, etc.  I would be happy to combine those into one page...or post them individually on one post.

If you wish, I could put together a generalized overview of ice fishing...with coverage of the individual components of ice fishing...equipment, lures, baits, species, safety, etc.  Might take a few days but I'll be glad to do it if there is enough interest.

I'd certainly appreciate any info you could share TD . I've learned a lot from your insight during the time I've been here.
(12-30-2020, 06:46 PM)Saltslam Wrote: I'd certainly appreciate any info you could share TD . I've learned a lot from your insight during the time I've been here.
Glad to be able to help and glad you like it.

I am already working on compiling stuff for Willard, Utah Lake, Starvation, Deer Creek and others.  Might be a few days...in between rod building and ice jig making.