Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
grantsville res 12-29-2020
well played hookie from work yesterday and ended up at the local swimmin hole about 3pm, fished till dark 5ish, headed out on the south ramp and boogied straight out to the middle of the east end in about 12 fow, caught a couple rainbows, was searching for browns, or smallmouth, which are also brown  Dodgy any ways, found myself in 38 fow and caught a few bows in the 15" range kept a couple for dinner tonight, let the rest go, moved about 6 or 7 times, 8fow - 38 fow, maybe 20 holes punched, most fish were caught on a  small jig head with wax worm on it and a kastmaster about 8 inches above it, ice was a solid 7" clear black ice with about a skiff of snow on it, im beginning to think the browns in there are just a myth  Sad good luck and stay above the ice, trust me its warmer.....

[Image: 20201229-144505.jpg]

[Image: 20201229-153705.jpg]

[Image: 20201229-143505.jpg]
Thanks for the report, sounds like you did pretty good, for only being there a couple of hours. Could you tell if anyone else had been fishing there?
Yeah I went again today, seems about the same 8 or 10 trucks have been there fishing the same spots. Hasn't been hit hard as in alot of Virgin ice still, tomorrow im going to settlement, both have about 7 inches... I drove my jeep onto grantsville today.
The ice there must have gotten thick fast. I went about a week and a half ago and it was only about 2 inches and scary. I got off it pretty quick.
ive been on it at least 7 or 8 times now. settlement on friday was pretty good ended up with about 20 rainbows. all under 15"
The wife and I were going to hit it after the kids when to school, today. We decided to sleep in and try to dry out everything from Smith and Morehouse.