Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Strawberry BFT Randevu
I really want to go, but Friday calls for a snow storm so I'll be chasing bobcats but if the storm isn't here I'll run up!
We'll have to keep an eye on it but one site shows the snow starting at 1400 hours. And, hey, some of the best fishing is when it's precipitating.
The older I get the more I would rather be considered a good man than a good fisherman.

(01-18-2021, 11:38 PM)catchinon Wrote: We'll have to keep an eye on it but one site shows the snow starting at 1400 hours. And, hey, some of the best fishing is when it's precipitating.
I think we should probably be wrapping it up as the snow really starts falling, I have had some really good days fishing as the barometer is dropping on the leading edge of a storm, I hope that holds true for Friday.
I'm leaning towards taking the day off and coming. I'll use the storm as an excuse to leave the little ones home. lol.
I'll have a snowmobile.
(01-19-2021, 05:04 AM)TheOtherSide Wrote: I'm leaning towards taking the day off and coming. I'll use the storm as an excuse to leave the little ones home. lol.
I'll have a snowmobile.
Glad to have you.
(01-19-2021, 05:00 PM)obifishkenobi Wrote:
(01-19-2021, 05:04 AM)TheOtherSide Wrote: I'm leaning towards taking the day off and coming. I'll use the storm as an excuse to leave the little ones home. lol.
I'll have a snowmobile.
Glad to have you.
It is on for tomorrow, I have communicated with a number of people and I will reach out to each of the confirmed people today, the plan is to meet near the top of the ramp at the Marina to head out on the ice at 7:00am. I have some GPS coordinates that we can try first, from the KSL trip last Friday, so if any of you have a hand held GPS that would be great. As of now I think we have 8-10 people in, with 2-3 sleds, a side by side and a Snow Dog. If your reading this post your welcome to join us and we will get whoever shows up a ride out to where we are fishing my plan is to target kokanee, but we should also be able to catch Cutts while doing that. If you are planning on going but have not posted to this thread please do and if you would like my Phone number to insure we that we connect tomorrow send me a private message. As far as tackle there are some pictures of what I will be trying in this string, I would bring all of your standard ice fishing favorites plus some kokanee tackle like dodgers and squids your favorite corn concoctions, Berkly maggots and your favorite scents. I am looking forward to a fun day.
Last year when I went down with a similar crew in the same area it was pretty slow until we started using glow cut'r bugs then we caught some fish... so keep them in your line up, under a dodger worked well for me... Think we hooked up with a couple koke, but slot cuts were on fire...Good luck... Jeff
When things get stressful think I'll go fish'en and worry about it tomorrow!
(01-21-2021, 01:56 PM)obifishkenobi Wrote:
(01-19-2021, 05:00 PM)obifishkenobi Wrote:
I'll have a snowmobile.
Glad to have you.
It is on for tomorrow, I have communicated with a number of people and I will reach out to each of the confirmed people today, the plan is to meet near the top of the ramp at the Marina to head out on the ice at 7:00am. I have some GPS coordinates that we can try first, from the KSL trip last Friday, so if any of you have a hand held GPS that would be great. As of now I think we have 8-10 people in, with 2-3 sleds, a side by side and a Snow Dog. If your reading this post your welcome to join us and we will get whoever shows up a ride out to where we are fishing my plan is to target kokanee, but we should also be able to catch Cutts while doing that. If you are planning on going but have not posted to this thread please do and if you would like my Phone number to insure we that we connect tomorrow send me a private message. As far as tackle there are some pictures of what I will be trying in this string, I would bring all of your standard ice fishing favorites plus some kokanee tackle like dodgers and squids your favorite corn concoctions, Berkly maggots and your favorite scents. I am looking forward to a fun day.
Any reports of how this event is going today? I am jeleous. Wish I could have made it.
I'm most likely going to be up there next friday. Let us know how it goes. I've never tried to target kokes through the ice. 

An idea - while some are graciously offering the use of their machines, offer them a little to help pay for their gas, etc. It's not cheap to maintain them, drive them up there, register them, etc.  I've spent every spare moment for the past week trying to get mine going (4 sleds) and it's probably going to cost me $200 to get them all registered, all for 1-2 ice fishing trips. 

That being said, throwing a couple $$ at them is still much cheaper than the shuttle service.
So how was the fishing up on the Berry today men?
(01-23-2021, 01:49 AM)Jbworkin Wrote: So how was the fishing up on the Berry today men?
We had a pretty good turn out in fact, enough guys with machines that we didn’t have to shuttle everyone had a seat. We left out from the Marina and went to the same area Bear Claw that the KSL group fished the week before. Unfortunately no Kokanee where caught or even graphed, we did catch a few Cutts, I caught 10 slot fish. I moved around quit a bit and never saw any schools, I caught the majority of my cutts in the top 15’ of the column with a couple at 25’ and 1 just under the ice at the hole. I’ll send all of those that came a message during open water season, when I’m much more confident I can put them on Kokanee for a trip in my boat. Thank you to everyone that joined us today.

Attached Files Image(s)

obifishkenobi

I’ll send all of those that came a message during open water season, when I’m much more confident I can put them on Kokanee for a trip in my boat.

=====================================================================================
glad you are confident you can put Kokanee in the boat this year.    Me I'm in the house staying warm, thinking will there be as many boats on the water as last year.      

Just thinking,,,, maybe in June at strawberry we could have a pot luck dinner after we got through fishing.
(01-23-2021, 04:19 PM)liketrolling Wrote: obifishkenobi

I’ll send all of those that came a message during open water season, when I’m much more confident I can put them on Kokanee for a trip in my boat.

=====================================================================================
glad you are confident you can put Kokanee in the boat this year.    Me I'm in the house staying warm, thinking will there be as many boats on the water as last year.      

Just thinking,,,, maybe in June at strawberry we could have a pot luck dinner after we got through fishing.
That would be great, every June the week after Fathers Day weekend, I go up mid week and camp through the following weekend and fish in the morning and evening each day, last year I invited people from BFT to join me and had a different group each morning and fished with ElkAntlers crew in the evenings after dinner, who was gracious enough to let me pitch a tent in his camp. I talked with 2knots when we met up at Mackay back in December about hooking up during that period, maybe we could put together a BFT event during that time at one of the group camp sites where those of us with boats and good knowledge of that fishery could take folks out and put them on fish and share our knowledge, with a potluck in the late afternoon, before going back out for the evening bite.Those that wanted can make it a single or multi day event.
We had a great time getting out to meet people and try something new. Thanks for the invite and thank you all for showing us your different gadgets and tools. Wish we took a moment to take a closer look at the snow dog.

I'd be interested in a June thing. Boat- yes. Knowledge of the fishery- no.
(01-24-2021, 03:15 AM)TheOtherSide Wrote: We had a great time getting out to meet people and try something new. Thanks for the invite and thank you all for showing us your different gadgets and tools. Wish we took a moment to take a closer look at the snow dog.

I'd be interested in a June thing. Boat- yes. Knowledge of the fishery- no.
It was a good turnout wish I would have meet everyone. I would be interested in June event also.
(01-23-2021, 04:19 PM)liketrolling Wrote: obifishkenobi

If it's like last year you won't need a boat. You could practically step from boat to boat out there. It was crazy.
Hey Shawn and Robert (and Brookie), thank you for introducing me to koke fishing. I now have a boat that is set up with downriggers but have never tried going after kokes yet. I'd be up for such an eventespecially if someone will help a greenie get started.
The older I get the more I would rather be considered a good man than a good fisherman.

I booked campsite 23C from 6/23-6/27, I will have my camp trailer and boat up there and would love to put something together during that time frame. I have camped in that area around those dates for the past several years and I shore land my boat next to my camp, It would be great if other members wanted to also reserve camp sites during that time and socialize in the afternoon between the morning and evening bite.