Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Currant Creek
Three of us fished the reservoir on Wednesday. Could still drive all the way around the reservoir. Snowpack is in bad shape. About 7 inches of ice. Catch was sporadic. About 30 for the 3 of us in 4 hours. Nothing of great size. Fun afternoon though. Not many people there.
Thanks for the report and welcome to the site. What kind of trout were you catching?
My son and I went up on New Years Day and there were a fair number of people on the lake. Snow pack is pathetic. We were a bit late getting there and the people we talked to didn't have any fish on the ice. We got lots of bites that we couldn't connect with. I didn't get new wax worms and I tried some dried ones my wife found at one of the stores. The fish wouldn't touch them. There was another group where we usually go and once they left I went and tried our normal spot. They had left wax worms laying around and when I used the fresh ones I got the fish to bite (at least until I ran out of the fresh ones). I did manage to land some nice cuts in the 15-16 inch range and found out who the nibblers were. They must have planted a bunch of very small rainbows and they were the ones who kept stealing our stuff. It was a beautiful day but it got cold once the sun went down.
(01-02-2021, 03:13 PM)wiperhunter2 Wrote: Thanks for the report and welcome to the site. What kind of trout were you catching?
We caught mostly rainbows. I think we caught 4 Cutts. For the most part the bite was very light.
Which road did you go up? The co-op creek road or the currant creek road? Thinking of driving up there this weekend but don't have a snowmobile.
(01-05-2021, 04:54 PM)Cryptothedog Wrote: Which road did you go up? The co-op creek road or the currant creek road? Thinking of driving up there this weekend but don't have a snowmobile.
Just my two cents but I would stay away from CO-OP without a sled.  Currant creek road is by far the better option.
Good to hear the report, was wondering about conditions and access. No tiger trout caught? Used to land some decent ones from shore but have never fished the hard deck there. May have to give it a try.

jack of all tackle, master of none
(01-05-2021, 05:21 PM)big_griggs Wrote:
(01-05-2021, 04:54 PM)Cryptothedog Wrote: Which road did you go up? The co-op creek road or the currant creek road? Thinking of driving up there this weekend but don't have a snowmobile.
Just my two cents but I would stay away from CO-OP without a sled.  Currant creek road is by far the better option.
Tried back in December and the gates are closed on the CO-OP road. So It is sled or 50 inch ATV /UTV for that road.