Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 2 Average
Scofield
Because of my current situation, I borrowed some equipment and tagged a long with some other family members. Being a combination of the first trip out this year and new ice fishers, we didn't get out on the lake until 1000-1030. There were a lot of people out and some really large groups. Ice was a good 10" with 3" of snow on top. Cold breeze also picked up in the early afternoon.

Fishing was slow and then steady after 1200. Most fish were caught off the bottom, but some were just under the ice. The favorite lure was a pink 2" single tail grub w/ wax worm. No chubs caught, which is a first for me. Fished in 20-27 FOW.

DWR was out checking licenses.
(01-02-2021, 11:54 PM)TheOtherSide Wrote: Because of my current situation, I borrowed some equipment and tagged a long with some other family members. Being a combination of the first trip out this year and new ice fishers, we didn't get out on the lake until 1000-1030. There were a lot of people out and some really large groups. Ice was a good 10" with 3" of snow on top. Cold breeze also picked up in the early afternoon.

Fishing was slow and then steady after 1200. Most fish were caught off the bottom, but some were just under the ice. The favorite lure was a pink 2" single tail grub w/ wax worm. No chubs caught, which is a first for me. Fished in 20-27 FOW.

DWR was out checking licenses.
I was on the south western edge by island from sun up to about sundown. Very large groups 13 fow and success varied. Wanted wax worms but didn’t have any never saw dnr
We were on the west side too. It was really sliw for us.