Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3.5 Average
Porcupine/Hyrum.
Hit porcupine today, caught 8 perch, all had some size to them. 8+ inches. Fished in 35 fow just off the bottom. Slowed down around 11 and went and checked out the pig to see if it had ice. Reservoir was mostly capped with some water in the middle. I went out and checked the ice out. Was about 3-4 inches thick by the dam.
Welcome to BFT and thanks for the post.... Not many on Hyrum yesterday so were you the one off swim beach or the boat launch? Might have been watching the dam cam.... Thanks for the report... J
When things get stressful think I'll go fish'en and worry about it tomorrow!
Hit hyrum with a buddy thismornig by the time we drug the 200lb sled across and got holes drilled it was probably 9:30 or shortly after. Started In roughly 20 feet of water with a ratfinky toped wit shrimp, couldn’t keep the perch off long enough to bait up my other rod and get it down the hole and I did finally get it down it was probably 10 straight minutes of perch action on both poles, some Were your smaller 6-7 inchers and quite a few were the 10.5 to 12 inchers that looked like they swallowed an 8th grader, but I wanted to try something new for trout, I put on a small silver rattling jigging rapalla and bounced it off the bottom twice and WHACK!! Landed the trout I was after. After that the switch was flipped and fishing shut off for about 2 hours accept for the occasional thieving perch stealing bait absolutely undetected. Moved out to about 30-40 feet and caught a few more perch and small trout and then it shut off there as well, moved back to the shallows, 15-20ft to finish out the day and did pretty good. Had to leave right as the afternoon bite was turning on. No complaints here though. Great sunny weather and no wind. Ice thickness looked to be about 6-7 inches.
[Image: 45814218-F83-C-4-CC0-B673-C5-A13-C076-A65.jpg]
(01-07-2021, 04:57 AM)Garrett3821 Wrote: Hit hyrum with a buddy thismornig by the time we drug the 200lb sled across and got holes drilled it was probably 9:30 or shortly after. Started In roughly 20 feet of water with a ratfinky toped wit shrimp, couldn’t keep the perch off long enough to bait up my other rod and get it down the hole and I did finally get it down it was probably 10 straight minutes of perch action on both poles, some Were your smaller 6-7 inchers and quite a few were the 10.5 to 12 inchers that looked like they swallowed an 8th grader, but I wanted to try something new for trout, I put on a small silver rattling jigging rapalla and bounced it off the bottom twice and WHACK!! Landed the trout I was after. After that the switch was flipped and fishing shut off for about 2 hours accept for the occasional thieving perch stealing bait absolutely undetected. Moved out to about 30-40 feet and caught a few more perch and small trout and then it shut off there as well, moved back to the shallows, 15-20ft to finish out the day and did pretty good. Had to leave right as the afternoon bite was turning on. No complaints here though. Great sunny weather and no wind. Ice thickness looked to be about 6-7 inches.
[Image: 45814218-F83-C-4-CC0-B673-C5-A13-C076-A65.jpg]
Sounds like a great day to me.  Thanks for the post.
Thanks for the report.
Remember: keep the lid on the worms, share your jerky, and stop by to say hi to Cookie and the Cowboy-Pirate crew