Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Are people traveling over the ice Strawberry marina to Renegade?
Looking for information please. Are people taking ATV/UTV or snowmobiles over the ice from the marina to Renegade? If so are there any open water areas at Haws or where the old causeway was? Any pressure ridges?
Thanks.
I can't answer your question for sure, but I bet that they are. Ice was 4 1/2" thick on 1/1/21 2/10ths of a mile out from the marina.
(01-07-2021, 06:56 AM)klam Wrote: Looking for information please. Are people taking ATV/UTV or snowmobiles over the ice from the marina to Renegade? If so are there any open water areas at Haws or where the old causeway was? Any pressure ridges?
Thanks.

I read last week that the ice was too thin at Renegade for machines. That may be different today, but to be safe, you may want to ask the lodge.
I had to call in sick so I could go to Lake Powell!
I saw them go out into the very middle near strawberry bay, didnt see them go as far as renegade. Ice was 7-8" with some cloudy areas.
(01-07-2021, 06:56 AM)klam Wrote: Looking for information please. Are people taking ATV/UTV or snowmobiles over the ice from the marina to Renegade? If so are there any open water areas at Haws or where the old causeway was? Any pressure ridges?
Thanks.
Did the thought occur to you to just call the Strawberry Lodge (they offer snowmobile shuttle service to anywhere on the ice) and ask them if it's safe yet?  Just sayin'.
Big Grin
Bob Hicks, from Utah
I'm 81 years young and going as hard as I can for as long as I can.
"Free men do not ask permission to bear arms."
Thanks.

This is what they posted on their Facebook page today.  Looks like that answers some of your questions.  I will be up there tomorrow and try and post a report if I get service.

[color=var(--primary-text)]Strawberry Bay Marina & Lodge
[/color]
[color=var(--primary-text)]Our shuttle service will be operating on the entire Strawberry side effective immediately. We have found 6-9” of ice lake wide! Call 435-548-2261 or visit [color=var(--blue-link)]www.strawberrybay.com to make reservations and let us help you get out on the lake!
[/color]
[/color]
That's awesome. Thank you all. I hope to post a fishing report early next week.