Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hyrum, Jan 6, 2021
Good day.  Caught 13 perch & 1 trout.  Kept 10 perch (8" to 11"); let the rest go.  Fished water 15 ft deep and 17 ft deep.

[Image: 20210106-125123.jpg]

SnowDog worked fine.

[Image: IMG-7588-1.jpg]
Bob Hicks, from Utah
I'm 81 years young and going as hard as I can for as long as I can.
"Free men do not ask permission to bear arms."
Nice day for getting out, Bob. Glad the new machine is working out for you. How thick was the ice? Same general area as last time we were there? Same bait?
Good looking set up Bob.
Remember: keep the lid on the worms, share your jerky, and stop by to say hi to Cookie and the Cowboy-Pirate crew
Hey Bob,
Alan and I hit it today and we had an active early morning run where i think we both got 8 or 9 fish, mine were all perch, i think Alan had 3 trout in his batch... Fish seemed smaller up on the swim beach end of things... I only got 3 in the 9-10.5" range today the rest were sub 9's to 8"ers... but it was fast and fun early, but then shut off like a light switch and I couldn't buy a bite to hit my #10 fish... Really enjoyed taking a little vacation time off and running over this morning, but I could have went back to work an hour earlier the way the fish shutoff... but who knew their plans? Anyway we fished in the area where you finished up except a little shallower, I think I was at 14' and didn't move all morning... Thanks for the intel, it was a good area with fish starting to show up by 8:00 and busy till 9:00 then a few lookers after, but not much feeding... When they quit, they are really tight lipped... Anyway glad the snowdog is working well for you... I'm ready to take my snowmobile, I'm tired of pulling the gear up the hill.. Later Jeff

(01-07-2021, 08:03 PM)jjannie Wrote: Nice day for getting out, Bob. Glad the new machine is working out for you. How thick was the ice? Same general area as last time we were there? Same bait?
Jill the ice was 6.5" from Alan's measurement, I forgot to check today, but it's getting better than it was last weekend, so I'm starting to feel more comfortable about taking the snowmobile.. Later Jeff

(01-07-2021, 08:03 PM)jjannie Wrote: Nice day for getting out, Bob. Glad the new machine is working out for you. How thick was the ice? Same general area as last time we were there? Same bait?
Jill the ice was 6.5" from Alan's measurement, I forgot to check today, but it's getting better than it was last weekend, so I'm starting to feel more comfortable about taking the snowmobile.. Later Jeff
When things get stressful think I'll go fish'en and worry about it tomorrow!
Good seeing you and Earl yesterday Bob, the Sdog is pretty cool.
As Jeff said ice is getting better for the sleds and ATV use which will make it nice, access at the day use area is not fun pulling the gear across 30 yds of sand and gravel on the way in

Jeff watching the live action today
[Image: E94-B6-F6-F-C550-4-E57-BD85-1-C3-E7-B370447.jpg]

json fixer online
Nice setup (from what I can tell), and thanks for the report. I've been watching the web cams up there and itching to go.