for bass at Flaming Gorge Reservoir will be
three fish (largemouth and smallmouth
combined). The kokanee salmon limit is also
changing. You may keep a daily limit of up to
four trout and/or kokanee salmon (a combined
total), excluding lake trout. These changes
were made in coordination with Wyoming to
ensure consistency across the reservoir. See
page 30 for all of the rules specific to Flaming Gorge Reservoir.

so this year looks like on the utah side can only have 4 in possession  last year I think it was 6 if you fished two days

https://wildlife.utah.gov/guidebooks/202...debook.pdf
I assume per person, but still... fuel, lodging/site fee, reciprocal permit for the boat... sure seems like FG is becoming a destination rather than a fishery.

I only really go once or twice a year during softwater.
I also see there is a change to panfish limit at Starvation Reservoir in 2021, you may keep a daily limit of up to 20 bluegill, green sunfish, black crappie and yellow perch (a combined total). I did not even realise there were bluegill and green sunfish in that lake. 
 It also appears they have cut the wiper limit down to 3.
So, why would you say you can only have 4 kokes in possession at the Gorge? It says pretty clearly in the Fishing Guide you can have two daily limits of fish at a particular body of water. That would mean you could have 8 kokes in possession at the Gorge if you fished and limited out two days. Did I miss something somewhere?
this is what I'm reading on WY site

No more than three (3) shall be kokanee salmon.

The creel limit on trout (excluding lake trout) shall be four (4) per day or in possession. No more than three (3) shall be kokanee salmon.
The creel limit on lake trout shall be twelve (12) per day, twenty-four (24) in possession. No more than one (1) lake trout in possession shall exceed twenty-eight (28) inches
(01-10-2021, 07:04 PM)liketrolling Wrote: Daily limit changes at Flaming Gorge
Reservoir: Starting in 2021, the daily limit
for bass at Flaming Gorge Reservoir will be
three fish (largemouth and smallmouth
combined). The kokanee salmon limit is also
changing. You may keep a daily limit of up to
four trout and/or kokanee salmon (a combined
total), excluding lake trout. These changes
were made in coordination with Wyoming to
ensure consistency across the reservoir. See
page 30 for all of the rules specific to Flaming Gorge Reservoir.

so this year looks like on the utah side can only have 4 in possession  last year I think it was 6 if you fished two days

https://wildlife.utah.gov/guidebooks/202...debook.pdf
It was rumored last year that the increase in the daily limit for kokanee would not be until 2022.  I hope it benefits both the fishermen & women AND the fishery.  However, after looking at the Guidebook for 2021, it would appear to me that the possession limit in Utah is STILL twice the daily limit.  Not sure Robert, where did you see that the possession limit changes to one daily limit?  It doesn't say that in the Guidebook.

Guidebook Wrote:Additional limit in the field
You may possess up to two daily limits of fish as you travel within Utah—or if you leave the state—as long as you meet all of the following conditions:
•At least one of the limits in your possession was caught at a Utah water on a previous day, and the fish were a legal species and limit for the waterbody where you caught them.
•The fish from the previous day have been cleaned and gutted (entrails removed). 
I'm also fairly certain that catching fish on either side of the border in FG with a Utah fishing license and a WY reciprocal stamp constitutes 'caught at a Utah water'.  But I'm not 100% certain that is the case.  Might be a good question to ask a Utah CO.
Bob Hicks, from Utah
I'm 81 years young and going as hard as I can for as long as I can.
"Free men do not ask permission to bear arms."
WGFD is on a different regulation cycle than UDWR and will be pursuing the same creel limit changes for kokanee salmon and smallmouth bass this upcoming year. If approved, those changes would take effect in 2022. WGFD only has a 2-day possession for lake trout, allowing an angler to harvest 12 per day and have 24 in possession, but only one can be over 28-inches. For all other species, the possession limit is the daily limit. UDWR has a 2-day possession for all species (UT side only).

Hope that helps, Ryno