Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fishing buddy
Hello all! New to this site and new to ice fishing. Wondering if there is anyone out there that has the gear and would like a buddy a join? I have my own pole and tackle, but no one to go with.
RoseP, welcome to BFT and thanks for posting. Realize that the board that you posted on covers the entire nation (I guess, literally the world). It would be helpful if you let us know in what city and state you live in.
Ha! Oops. I am located in Salt Lake City, UT. Sorry.
PM sent.
Welcome to the site Rose, I'm going to move your post to the Utah board, so others in the SLC area will see your post.
Rose, what are you most interested in trying?

I'm always up to teach and share what I know, but that usually only takes a few minutes.
Just interested in finding someone that would enjoy some company while fishing. I am not originally from Utah, so looking for a fishing buddy. (:
(01-12-2021, 01:40 AM)RoseP Wrote: Just interested in finding someone that would enjoy some company while fishing. I am not originally from Utah, so looking for a fishing buddy. (:
I didn't start my life here either but have grown quite fond of fishing opportunities in Utah. My schedule is kinda all over the place and I fish alone quite often. I don't have a tent or heater. Just my auger, vexilar, poles, and various lures. I am different than most in this state, in that I chase walleye, perch, crappie, bass, wiper, bluegill. I am not too fond of the trout but do tolerate one if I hook one. Most of my outings are after I finish a graveyard shift in Park city, so Deer creek( when it decides to freeze), Rockport, Echo, and Starvation( when it gets its act together) are usual spots to fish between work shifts. Also sometimes hit mantua, Hyrum, Willard, or Pineview. I have been happily married for 28 + years and have no interest in romance, but fishing I am good for anyone that wants to join. 
Gabe
My buddy is not a member but would be happy to help you out shoot him a text 4358400027 he is going this weekend his name is zack
(01-12-2021, 01:40 AM)RoseP Wrote: Just interested in finding someone that would enjoy some company while fishing. I am not originally from Utah, so looking for a fishing buddy. (:
 Well, you are always welcome, and I'll gladly share gas, ideas, and some spots. 

A couple obstacles on my end............Due to my family situation, I'm notorious for not being able to plan ahead, and most of my trips are last minute, spur-of-the-moment, and seat-of-the-pants.  I'm neither neat nor organized.  I'm not a great fisherman, but I do love interesting conversation. Most of my success comes from high-effort, not well laid plans or skill.