Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hyrum 1-10-2021
Made the drive to Hyrum yesterday.  Thank you to the ones who chimed in on my question about parking.  Didn't want to pay the park entrance fee, so found a place to park on the dam, south side of the spillway.
So probably wound up in the wrong corner of the lake to start with, started about 7:00 am.  Stayed around the northwest corner (spillway area) all morning.  13 to 35 feet of water.
Lance was able to entice 1 10 inch Perch and 1 18 inch Rainbow out of the same hole on consecutive drops of the jig.
I couldn't even buy a bite.
About 10:30 am a couple showed up yelling and arguing with each other and seeing who could smoke the most cigarettes.  So we decided it was time to head home.
So now try to figure out where to try this weekend maybe Rockport or possibly Currant Creek.
Bryce Lowder
I do what the voices in my wife's head tell me to.
Sorry to hear about the helpful guests. Hope your next run is better
Remember: keep the lid on the worms, share your jerky, and stop by to say hi to Cookie and the Cowboy-Pirate crew
Thanks for the report, that's the best bow I've heard of this ice season out of Hyrum... I used to love that spillway area, but haven't fished it for a couple years.. Glad it's still producing something... Good luck on your next stop... Later Jeff
When things get stressful think I'll go fish'en and worry about it tomorrow!