Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bear Lake Cisco
I posted a month or so ago asking for advice on hitting the cisco run/monster fest. Since that time, I have been trying to read old posts and get a general feel for the best way to fish for these little guys. Hoping that now that it's closer, I can get some more advice.

I will be fishing Cisco Beach as it is closer to the family cabin where I will be staying.

Some things I have learned:
* start early - get there pre-dawn
* don't go too deep and keep a low profile
* Jigging a small lure/fly may help draw them in

Some things I am still figuring out:
* how to best clean/eat those I may catch
* where to get a cisco net (Anglers den and Sportsmans are both no goes)
            - Would a traditional mesh boat net work? There are some on amazon for 20 bucks
* how much "reach" my net should have.

As always, I appreciate any information/advise that people are willing to share
(01-14-2021, 06:14 PM)Jonthecook Wrote: I posted a month or so ago asking for advice on hitting the cisco run/monster fest. Since that time, I have been trying to read old posts and get a general feel for the best way to fish for these little guys. Hoping that now that it's closer, I can get some more advice.

I will be fishing Cisco Beach as it is closer to the family cabin where I will be staying.

Some things I have learned:
* start early - get there pre-dawn
* don't go too deep and keep a low profile
* Jigging a small lure/fly may help draw them in

Some things I am still figuring out:
* how to best clean/eat those I may catch
* where to get a cisco net (Anglers den and Sportsmans are both no goes)
            - Would a traditional mesh boat net work? There are some on amazon for 20 bucks
* how much "reach" my net should have.

I have a collapsible metal net with wooden handle that I have not used, it's older but in good condition. I live in Payson . If interested send a PM.   Richard
Al's in Logan has smelt nets