Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
trolling for lake trout at Flaming Gorge Fri.
A lot of wind and waves the bad parts first, for my garmin live scope I have two transducers one is mounted on a pole by the steering wheel so I can turn it. the waves brook the mount.    so could not use that any more. had to use the big motor to troll with.  had two guys with me that had never fished for lakers before, one was standing by me we hit a wave and he fell and brook the key off, killed the engine. found another way to start the motor.

they caught two 20 lb lakers and missed two not real big but big to them they had never caught any be for.

stopped fishing there about 9.30 am be cause of the wind.  went up by the pipe line after Kokanee.  Ice was right by the pipe line.   was hoping I could go to anvil but could not get there.  
so fished below the pipe line did not see a lot of kokanee maybe 30. on the fishfinder they did not like what I was using.
I had 6 poles set up with  dodgers and shrimp ( never used shrimp before)   was using my 4 downriggers and planer boards  
most of the kokanee were down 20 to 30 feet   but they did not bite us. could see them stop at the downrigger balls, but are set backs were to far back to see if they looked at are lures.  

[Image: DSCN2609.jpg][Image: DSCN2613.jpg]
(01-16-2021, 04:38 PM)liketrolling Wrote: ...one was standing by me we hit a wave and he fell and brook the key off...

Was his name Allan? Wink
Guilty as charged.

Was just thinking the same thing. Lol
Live to hunt----- Hunt to live.