Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ice power squadron
Thought I'd ask this ? of you pros.

When ice fishing and the folks start running around the lake on their snow machines the catching for me always always always drops off.
About 1/2 hr after the kids get tired of it or leave things seem to recover a bit.
It is just like having the jet skis fire up and race around while koke fish'n other than the kokes don't come back.  At least for me.

Anyone else notice this or find it to be true?
I always hike so far away from the crowd that is rarely an issue. But yes, I have noticed that the snowmobile traffic, and idling on the ice for a long period, definitely shuts the bite off for awhile.
(01-17-2021, 03:26 PM)kentofnsl Wrote: I always hike so far away from the crowd that is rarely an issue.  But yes, I have noticed that the snowmobile traffic, and idling on the ice for a long period, definitely shuts the bite off for awhile.
We also try to get away from others but it seems as though people see me and have to make a trip by or stop at the lonely fisher away from others and want to know if the fish are biting there.
My thought is they have stirred up the fish so much by their noise they have put em down now they want to do the same for me.
(01-17-2021, 03:44 PM)PACMEN Wrote:
(01-17-2021, 03:26 PM)kentofnsl Wrote: I always hike so far away from the crowd that is rarely an issue.  But yes, I have noticed that the snowmobile traffic, and idling on the ice for a long period, definitely shuts the bite off for awhile.
We also try to get away from others but it seems as though people see me and have to make a trip by or stop at the lonely fisher away from others and want to know if the fish are biting there.
My thought is they have stirred up the fish so much by their noise they have put em down now they want to do the same for me.
Reminds me of the time years ago I was alone far away from the crowds on East canyon, when a lone snowmobile drove right up to me and asked " how thick is the ice?".   I thought how dumb is this guy that he rides around on the ice first, and then asks me that question.