Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Pineview 1-18
Hit up cemetery point in about 40 fow. Crushed the Crappie. Between my wife, kids and I caught well over 80 Crappie. Harvested 70 between 8 and 10 inches between 5 of us. Not bad for a holiday loaded with people who said it was slow for them. Fished from 4 until 8.[Image: FB-IMG-1611046692570.jpg]
Looks like you will be having an epic fish fry here shortly
(01-19-2021, 03:19 PM)Uplandman Wrote: Looks like you will be having an epic fish fry here shortly
Tonight. It will be epic. Like the ones I remember in Wisconsin.
I was at Pineview also. I fished by Port Ramp from 11:30am to 3:30pm. I caught 16 Crappie all were 6”-9” except for one that was 12.5”. I also caught 3 small perch.
(01-19-2021, 09:07 AM)Lipnrip Wrote: Hit up cemetery point in about 40 fow. Crushed the Crappie. Between my wife, kids and I caught well over 80 Crappie. Harvested 70 between 8 and 10 inches between 5 of us. Not bad for a holiday loaded with people who said it was slow for them. Fished from 4 until 8.
Nice report and pic, from the sounds of it, night fishing is the way to go there. From the looks of your pic you were using one of those green underwater lights while you were fishing, do you think that could have helped with your success? Cool pic.
(01-21-2021, 05:48 PM)wiperhunter2 Wrote:
(01-19-2021, 09:07 AM)Lipnrip Wrote: Hit up cemetery point in about 40 fow. Crushed the Crappie. Between my wife, kids and I caught well over 80 Crappie. Harvested 70 between 8 and 10 inches between 5 of us. Not bad for a holiday loaded with people who said it was slow for them. Fished from 4 until 8.
Nice report and pic, from the sounds of it, night fishing is the way to go there. From the looks of your pic you were using one of those green underwater lights while you were fishing, do you think that could have helped with your success? Cool pic.
It was actually the first time trying the light I believe it may have helped had some fish hovering around the light when we were packing up a small catfish and a smallmouth bass the kids were more excited about seeing the fish next to the light than catching all of those crappie.

The fish were delish by the way. Breaded with Italian bread crumbs and hand cut and fried potato wedges. Made for an excellent meal.
(01-22-2021, 10:07 AM)Lipnrip Wrote:
It was actually the first time trying the light I believe it may have helped had some fish hovering around the light when we were packing up a small catfish and a smallmouth bass the kids were more excited about seeing the fish next to the light than catching all of those crappie.

The fish were delish by the way. Breaded with Italian bread crumbs and hand cut and fried potato wedges. Made for an excellent meal.
That's interesting that the cat and smallie were coming up to the light. Where did you buy your light?
(01-22-2021, 01:56 PM)wiperhunter2 Wrote:
(01-22-2021, 10:07 AM)Lipnrip Wrote:

That's interesting that the cat and smallie were coming up to the light. Where did you buy your light?
Just a cheap light off amazon
(01-23-2021, 05:01 AM)Lipnrip Wrote:
(01-22-2021, 01:56 PM)wiperhunter2 Wrote: That's interesting that the cat and smallie were coming up to the light. Where did you buy your light?
Just a cheap light off amazon
I'm interested in how you placed it under the ice, do you drill a separate hole for the light, does the light sit vertical or horizontal when putting it in the water?
(01-23-2021, 02:51 PM)wiperhunter2 Wrote: I'm interested in how you placed it under the ice, do you drill a separate hole for the light, does the light sit vertical or horizontal when putting it in the water?
Vertical in a separate hole. Had to weigh it down so it would sink
(01-24-2021, 03:52 AM)Lipnrip Wrote:
(01-23-2021, 02:51 PM)wiperhunter2 Wrote: I'm interested in how you placed it under the ice, do you drill a separate hole for the light, does the light sit vertical or horizontal when putting it in the water?
Vertical in a separate hole. Had to weigh it down so it would sink
Interesting, do you have a separate power source for the light, like a 12v battery or are the batteries in the light, like AA, c or D batteries? If you have a separate power source, will one of those smaller 12v fish finder batteries work?
Yes and yes 12 volt