Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Starvation Conditions
Hey all, does anyone have any recent condition updates for Rabbit Gulch and the bridge area of Starvation or know what the ice thickness is?  I was there with my buddy and kids on Monday.  We walked down the hill to the shore near the bridge the lake was ice capped as far as we could see  except near the cliffs on the North side of the bridge had some open water still, but there wasn't anyone else nearby and so we were nervous to venture out not knowing the thickness of the ice.  I did hand drill two holes about 6-10 feet out from shore and the ice was a solid 8+ inches thick but again was still nervous to venture out over deeper water without knowing the ice conditions further out in the channel.  Anyway, we ended up driving over to Knights Hollow  and fishing there for a few hours.  Ice was snow free for the most part and a solid 8-10 inches.  We ended up catching a limit of trout.  Nothing huge, but fun nonetheless. The biggest fish was around 16 inches, the rest were all around 12. The bite died off to nothing around 2 so we headed home after that.  Anyway, just curious how thick the ice is near the bridge.
(01-21-2021, 04:29 PM)Uintah Wrote: Hey all, does anyone have any recent condition updates for Rabbit Gulch and the bridge area of Starvation or know what the ice thickness is?  I was there with my buddy and kids on Monday.  We walked down the hill to the shore near the bridge the lake was ice capped as far as we could see  except near the cliffs on the North side of the bridge had some open water still, but there wasn't anyone else nearby and so we were nervous to venture out not knowing the thickness of the ice.  I did hand drill two holes about 6-10 feet out from shore and the ice was a solid 8+ inches thick but again was still nervous to venture out over deeper water without knowing the ice conditions further out in the channel.  Anyway, we ended up driving over to Knights Hollow  and fishing there for a few hours.  Ice was snow free for the most part and a solid 8-10 inches.  We ended up catching a limit of trout.  Nothing huge, but fun nonetheless. The biggest fish was around 16 inches, the rest were all around 12. The bite died off to nothing around 2 so we headed home after that.  Anyway, just curious how thick the ice is near the bridge.
Could you see holes by the bridge  where people had fished? 8  is plenty good .
Did you catch any perch? Was there much snow in Knights hollow?
Doitall5000, Knight Hollow had very little to no snow at all. What there was was only in very small patches. The ice had some drifted snow but was mostly clear. We marked one school of perch or something come through but didn’t catch any perch