Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Smith and Moorehouse 1/20
Fished S&M yesterday between 11 and 2 toward the south end of the reservoir in 15 FOW. Probably about 14 or 15 inches of ice with 4 inches of snow on top and some slush in the middle. Fishing was a bit slow to start off with but picked up around noon. Caught 4 rainbows and 2 kokes, missed at least twice as many. Fish would seem to come through every 10-20 minutes and hang around as long as I was jigging. They bit most often on green plastics tipped with meal worm on the drop with a short pause at the bottom. It was a beautiful day with only one other group on the ice. I was able to drive to the reservoir in my 4x4 pickup but I imagine the road won't be passable with much more snow (if it ever comes). Felt good to finally get some trout and my first koke throught the ice this year.
(01-21-2021, 06:04 PM)Boisan Wrote: Fished S&M yesterday between 11 and 2 toward the south end of the reservoir in 15 FOW. Probably about 14 or 15 inches of ice with 4 inches of snow on top and some slush in the middle. Fishing was a bit slow to start off with but picked up around noon. Caught 4 rainbows and 2 kokes, missed at least twice as many. Fish would seem to come through every 10-20 minutes and hang around as long as I was jigging. They bit most often on green plastics tipped with meal worm on the drop with a short pause at the bottom. It was a beautiful day with only one other group on the ice. I was able to drive to the reservoir in my 4x4 pickup but I imagine the road won't be passable with much more snow (if it ever comes). Felt good to finally get some trout and my first koke throught the ice this year.
Glad you made it out and it sounds like it was a good day.
Thank you for the report, hoping to make it out if the snow isnt too bad this weekend.