Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
ice_sled report
Here's a little report from ice_sled who retired and moved to Texas a few months ago. Sounds like he's having a rough time of it.

The shoulder is fine. I have been mostly Deer Hunting for the last few months. Got three of my 4 deer limit. Also killing some Wild Boar; one with just a knife. My biggest Blue Cat was 22lbs. Caught several in the 15-17 pound range. Temps today was around 81 degrees. Water temps have dropped to the mid sixties. Loving the weather but miss the ice fishing.

Hey, Ben, I've caught some trout in the 15-17 inch rangeĀ  Big Grin.
The older I get the more I would rather be considered a good man than a good fisherman.

Yep, it sounds like he is really suffering. Maybe you should start an online fund raising account for him.
I'm retired too. Sounds like I should move to Texas.
Im sort of retired but I still have 4 boys to raise don't think I'm going anytime soon but catching a blue or flathead sure sounds enticing. For now I'll live it through YouTube lol
Thanks for the update Craig, I had hoped he would still do an occasional post on the forum so we could harass him a little... But this is great to hear how things are going for him, he's a good friend... Later Jeff
When things get stressful think I'll go fish'en and worry about it tomorrow!