Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Cat Chat 2021
For flotilla purposes I'm not going to weigh in most likely. With the back surgery I doubt I'll be cleared in time to participate in it.

On a brighter note got out on the lake after boat shop fixed the plug on trolling motor. In a bleak note it was short lived. I only wanted to check trolling motor and motored out to the slough because the waves are only 1' there. But by the time I tested it and was heading in they were 2' or so. They were rocking my boat pretty good. It was good to get off the lake when we did. But the trolling motor works.
Hey Jeff, if a Flotilla is decided on, shouldn't it be at Willard this year ?   Last flotilla we had was at Lincoln Beach (2019) and last year's would have been at WB except covid shut everything down.
"OCD = Obsessive Catfish Disorder "
    Or so it says on my license plate holder

Cool
So.... let  it begin, even if it is in a snow storm. Good times are coming.

I just did a quick and rough tally of the participants in the contest this year. Aaaa...  it ain't looking good for you northern catters. It's early, but so far I'm seeing about 24 southern catters to only 7 or 8  northern catters?? Granted, the north has John, Paul, Jeff, and a couple other big-timers but we in the south have got the numbers to do another flogging this year. You northern guys need to do some heavy recruiting if you plan to be competitive.

Best part of my early count is that we have a good contingent of lady catters. This is good as it tends to lend a bit of class to what is otherwise a pretty course, smelly, and sometimes downright gross bunch of fishers. Good to welcome Jim's Julie back; Violet (not yet entered), Tin Can's Mate, AscendingCats "prettier half", Cookie of the Cowboy crowd, and Mike has a young lady to show him how it's done. Others??

I think the best three fish score we have had in the past is 96.50 inches. This will be the year someone (probably a guy in a smelly old Tracker boat) will breaks the 100 inch mark. It can be done!

The challenge is on!! Best of luck to all.

BLK
(03-11-2021, 01:18 AM)Boatloadakids Wrote: So.... let  it begin, even if it is in a snow storm. Good times are coming.

I just did a quick and rough tally of the participants in the contest this year. Aaaa...  it ain't looking good for you northern catters. It's early, but so far I'm seeing about 24 southern catters to only 7 or 8  northern catters?? Granted, the north has John, Paul, Jeff, and a couple other big-timers but we in the south have got the numbers to do another flogging this year. You northern guys need to do some heavy recruiting if you plan to be competitive.

Best part of my early count is that we have a good contingent of lady catters. This is good as it tends to lend a bit of class to what is otherwise a pretty course, smelly, and sometimes downright gross bunch of fishers. Good to welcome Jim's Julie back; Violet (not yet entered), Tin Can's Mate, AscendingCats "prettier half", Cookie of the Cowboy crowd, and Mike has a young lady to show him how it's done. Others??

I think the best three fish score we have had in the past is 96.50 inches. This will be the year someone (probably a guy in a smelly old Tracker boat) will breaks the 100 inch mark. It can be done!

BLK

Lynn,  Numbers so far: North Team 10,  South Team 26.  I have a hunch northern catters are stretching out the last few days of Ice contest, and after Monday 15th we will get several more joining the Cat hunt. 

"I think the best three fish score we have had in the past is 96.50 inches. This will be the year someone (probably a guy in a smelly old Tracker                boat) will breaks the 100 inch mark." 
  Now Lynn,  Rocky isn't even in the contest (yet) and I don't think he has had his new Bass Tracker long enough to get it smelly, or did you mean a smelly old guy in a Tracker ?   Rolleyes 

Cool
Aw shucks Lynn, thanks for thinking that I might make it to 100 this year. Oh, wait a minute, you must have meant yourself! I can see that. It will only take two 33s and a 34, and you've proven you can do it. That is my Ultimate Goal -100- but this year I will get at least 93.

For you South Team members here's the forecast for Lincoln Beach:
Monday Mild breezes until 3:00
Tuesday Snowy and windy
Wednesday 2-5 mph wind
Thursday 2-3 mph wind
Friday 2-3 mph wind

Let the games begin!
The older I get the more I would rather be considered a good man than a good fisherman.

2021 Catfish Contest entrants so far:  

[Image: 05-2021-Cat-Contest-Standings-temp.jpg]

All you cat-a-holics get an additional 1 hour of cattin time this Monday as Daylight Savings starts Sunday    Cool .

Cool
My wife is going to probably join this year as well. I told her I'm not going to allow her to fish and take the chance of bringing in a monster without being in the context.
Forest, thanks for setting up and posting the scoreboard. It's fun to see everyone who's signed up so far.

Jeff, I think having a flotilla in May might not be such a good idea because it looks like some people will not quite have the vaccination yet. Could we do it in June? But I sure think we should have the November meeting and distribute awards.
The older I get the more I would rather be considered a good man than a good fisherman.

Everyone I just wanted to wish you best of luck in this year's contest. Wish I could join you on the early start but alas the stars don't align that way for me this year. But I did buy a few new rods and reels, New line, New anchors, chain, and rope, tackle box and of course trolling motor. So I'll be ready when I get the clear. I'm too be at hospital at 12:30 p.m. On Monday to get prepped. They are taking out old fusion and putting in a new fusion from L2-S1 and filling in 2 disc spaces with material and cutting a ligament from my spinal canal. If it's like any of my previous surgeries I had my tablet and phone in the hospital so I'll be checking to see how you all are fairing. Again best of luck and thank you for your moral support!!!
(03-15-2021, 04:04 AM)Mooseman75 Wrote: Everyone I just wanted to wish you best of luck in this year's contest. Wish I could join you on the early start but alas the stars don't align that way for me this year. But I did buy a few new rods and reels, New line, New anchors, chain, and rope, tackle box and of course trolling motor. So I'll be ready when I get the clear. I'm too be at hospital at 12:30 p.m. On Monday to get prepped. They are taking out old fusion and putting in a new fusion from L2-S1 and filling in  2 disc spaces with material and cutting a ligament from my spinal canal. If it's like any of my previous surgeries I had my tablet and phone in the hospital so I'll be checking to see how you all are fairing. Again best of luck and thank you for your moral support!!!
Thanks for the well wishes but I wanted to wish you good luck tomorrow.  Hope everything goes well for you.  Hoping for a speedy recovery.  What you are having done is much more important than catching cats.
(03-15-2021, 04:04 AM)Mooseman75 Wrote: Everyone I just wanted to wish you best of luck in this year's contest. Wish I could join you on the early start but alas the stars don't align that way for me this year. But I did buy a few new rods and reels, New line, New anchors, chain, and rope, tackle box and of course trolling motor. So I'll be ready when I get the clear. I'm too be at hospital at 12:30 p.m. On Monday to get prepped. They are taking out old fusion and putting in a new fusion from L2-S1 and filling in  2 disc spaces with material and cutting a ligament from my spinal canal. If it's like any of my previous surgeries I had my tablet and phone in the hospital so I'll be checking to see how you all are fairing. Again best of luck and thank you for your moral support!!!

I will be anxious to know how the revisions go. After much work on two disks in my neck, they have not been able to get them sorted out, so I may be looking at a bit of knife work too. I have not heard of to many people who have have success with this on the neck, though.

I hope Cookie and I catch up to you and Mrs Moose on the cat trail.
Remember: keep the lid on the worms, share your jerky, and stop by to say hi to Cookie and the Cowboy-Pirate crew
(03-11-2021, 01:18 AM)Boatloadakids Wrote: So.... let  it begin, even if it is in a snow storm. Good times are coming.

BLK
Lynn, I just found a placard for your trophy... Can I send that to you so you can get it on the trophy?  Sorry I forgot i hadn't gotten that to you... Will you PM me your mailing address and I'll get this sent to you?  Thanks a bunch... After all the champion needs to have his current accomplishments on the trophy while he has it...  96.5" is pretty tough to beat, but we'll probably see it done the way things keep getting bigger and better... Best of luck to you on Mr 36"...  Later Jeff

(03-09-2021, 11:33 PM)Tin-Can Wrote: Hey Jeff, if a Flotilla is decided on, shouldn't it be at Willard this year ?   Last flotilla we had was at Lincoln Beach (2019) and last year's would have been at WB except covid shut everything down.
I think it was the year for the north if we alternate, however, I don't know whether it is a good idea to have it this soon, unless things change a bunch by May... I guess we still need to run it and watch it and see how things open up... Got my first shot scheduled in two weeks, so sometime in May I guess I'll be cleared to take the mask off, hope things improve to where we can get back together, I've missed those fun times... Let's try to do it, if we can responsibly...  More later Jeff
When things get stressful think I'll go fish'en and worry about it tomorrow!
(03-15-2021, 05:25 PM)SkunkedAgain Wrote:

BLK
Lynn, I just found a placard for your trophy... Can I send that to you so you can get it on the trophy?  Sorry I forgot i hadn't gotten that to you... Will you PM me your mailing address and I'll get this sent to you?  Thanks a bunch... After all the champion needs to have his current accomplishments on the trophy while he has it...  96.5" is pretty tough to beat, but we'll probably see it done the way things keep getting bigger and better... Best of luck to you on Mr 36"...  Later Jeff

(03-09-2021, 11:33 PM)Tin-Can Wrote: Hey Jeff, if a Flotilla is decided on, shouldn't it be at Willard this year ?   Last flotilla we had was at Lincoln Beach (2019) and last year's would have been at WB except covid shut everything down.
I think it was the year for the north if we alternate, however, I don't know whether it is a good idea to have it this soon, unless things change a bunch by May... I guess we still need to run it and watch it and see how things open up... Got my first shot scheduled in two weeks, so sometime in May I guess I'll be cleared to take the mask off, hope things improve to where we can get back together, I've missed those fun times... Let's try to do it, if we can responsibly...  More later Jeff

OK. Thats a decision for the administrators and moderators.  

Cool
Good start for the 1st day of the contest for me.  1st 30 incher (still needs to be confirmed).
I didn't think I would catch any, but caught 4 today.

[Image: 20210315-163220.jpg]
Nice one man! Hopefully you get a few mor 30"+!
Guess I should have gone to the river instead of Willard yesterday.   Sad 

Nice start Paul. 

Cool
Way Togo Paul, I had other tasks I had to get done after work so I didn’t get to the river till after 7:00 PM in the tail end of the storm. Got a few bites but no hookups. Did have a herd of 8 deer swim the river by me. Maybe by the weekend I’ll get on the board. Glad you did, keep the south on their heels. Later Jeff
When things get stressful think I'll go fish'en and worry about it tomorrow!
Paul,  great first 24 hours. Your 24.5 and 30.0 are posted. Waiting for Jeff to confirm the 32.00".  

Guess after my eye doctor appt tomorrow, I'll head up to the river.  

Cool
Hello friends. Made it through surgery and doing better than expected. Coming out of anesthetic was slow, it took me 2 hours to come out of it but I did and since I've made great strides. Ive been walking up to 1/4 mile and it's just 24 hours later. So we will we when I go home and continue to heal.

Paul that is amazing to start out like that....great job
(03-17-2021, 01:43 AM)Mooseman75 Wrote: Hello friends. Made it through surgery and doing better than expected. Coming out of anesthetic was slow, it took me 2 hours to come out of it but I did and since I've made great strides. Ive been walking up to 1/4 mile and it's just 24 hours later. So we will we when I go home and continue to heal.

Paul that is amazing to start out like that....great job
Justin I'm glad your surgery went well and you are doing so well afterwards.  Great news. There will be plenty of time to chase cats later in the year when the fishing gets good down south.  Until then, good luck on your recovery.