Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Cat Chat 2021
Paul do you normally make it a habit of going out and getting a bumper each time lol. I see you got another decent fish today nice job.
(03-27-2021, 01:12 AM)Mooseman75 Wrote: Paul do you normally make it a habit of going out and getting a bumper each time lol. I see you got another decent fish today nice job.
Ha Ha!!  I wish, but so far it is working out that way.  I am just amazed that they are biting.  The water is so cold, but they are taking normal size baits.  The fishing is slow, like always on the Bear.  But I did catch 3 today in the couple of hours I was there.  A 25", 26.5" and the other.

How are you doing?  How's your dad?
(03-24-2021, 12:28 PM)Tin-Can Wrote: [quote pid='1114421' dateline='1616469419']
(03-23-2021, 03:12 AM)BiggerBait Wrote: Okay... It's been a while, and I'm not as young as I was last year! I've got a couple questions... How do I sign up for the catfishing contest? I also have a 14 year old grandson who is just starting to get into catfishing with me.  Can it be a team? Can we set up his own profile name to go along with mine?  Any help you can give me would be appreciated.  Thank You from Bigger Bait & grandson (yet to choose his name)
There’s another post in about the same area as this one that is the sign up post. I’ll try a link for you. Grandson is more than welcome and we’ll put him on his own so he can compete for the youth prize. Mention his age when signing up. (We don’t really do teams other than north team vs south) yes please sign him up with a profile name. Good luck and thanks for joining in the fun. Later Jeff

https://bigfishtackle.com/forum/showthre...id=1097311

Jeff, have not seen a contest join or new entry request yet. 

He might be getting a name for his Grandson. Make sure he is entered and we’ll get his GS when they register. 

[/quote]

(03-27-2021, 01:12 AM)Mooseman75 Wrote: Paul do you normally make it a habit of going out and getting a bumper each time lol. I see you got another decent fish today nice job.

Justin, sorry to hear about the complications, but maybe they’ll clear up like the weather is supposed to. Hope so even if the weather don’t. Guess if I find a couple minutes tomorrow I’ll have to try it again. I need to get some kittens that at least have their eyes open on the board. Good luck to you and your family. Later Jeff
When things get stressful think I'll go fish'en and worry about it tomorrow!
Jeff
Get out there and get after em. Haha liked your kitten with eyes open joke. I thought you were just hammering home the smallest cat prize lol j/k. I think it's a great conversation starter but I have no doubt you'll get some bigger.

Paul as far as I'm concerned my leg is responding ok to the steroid they put me on. I'm losing a little pain and getting my flexibility back, not exactly what my other leg can do yet but hopefully soon. I still walk every 1 1/2 gotta starting at 7:30 am till 9:45 pm. Ski I'm going to beat this and get on the water.
As far as my dad I talked on the phone with him tonight and he sounded ok. He is at my sister which is a good thing because her husband is my dad's primary care Dr. Shop he is getting good care, but my sister said he was talking gibberish quite often which is Sad. He just talks to himself no one else. But that's the latest
(03-23-2021, 03:12 AM)BiggerBait Wrote: Okay... It's been a while, and I'm not as young as I was last year! I've got a couple questions... How do I sign up for the catfishing contest?

https://bigfishtackle.com/forum/showthre...id=1097311

Jeff, have not seen a contest join or new entry request yet. 

He might be getting a name for his Grandson. Make sure he is entered and we’ll get his GS when they register. 

Got BiggerBait on the Cat contest sheet

[/quote]

[/quote]
"OCD = Obsessive Catfish Disorder "
    Or so it says on my license plate holder

Cool
Thanks for the update Justin, I tried the cats Saturday and got skunked, but next week looks better. Today’s not very good, glad I’m working and not trying to catch a cat. I don’t like wind for fishing, it’s pretty rough to do well during a wave fest. Later Jeff
Not only do I plan on catching hopefully a few big ones but there will be plenty of cookie cutters along the way. I have a 17 year old son Tha can devour catfish as fast as I can get it home. But I lost my old electric filet knife somehow. So I bought a new one. It's a cordless but it's a heavy duty so I'm hoping it will do a few cats. It comes with 2 batteries.

[Image: 54-A1-CE42-A8-BA-4482-BC9-B-1-FDF0-D51-CEBB.jpg]
Jeff, just looking for approval on my new bump board.  Not a lot of commercial choices, I wanted a lighter color, and the lines darker, but I could see the measurements pretty easy when I took a picture.  I could also darken the lines with a marker if needed.  But the price was really good for an expandable bump board.

[Image: 20210401-105843.jpg]

[Image: 20210401-105923.jpg]

[Image: 20210401-105936.jpg]
(04-01-2021, 05:13 PM)Jig-fisher Wrote: Jeff, just looking for approval on my new bump board.  Not a lot of commercial choices, I wanted a lighter color, and the lines darker, but I could see the measurements pretty easy when I took a picture.  I could also darken the lines with a marker if needed.  But the price was really good for an expandable bump board.

Paul, not sure what Jeff will say, but I suggest you keep the tape measure handy along with the new collapsible bump board. The contrast of yellow on the blue makes it stand out well. I've seen a few of those boards and after putting a few rowdy Cats on them, the numbers get kinda worn out.
But final call up to Jeff. 

Cool
Paul, what Forest says is true, but if you use a permanent marker on the inch and half’s it will be okay. The slip joints wear out too and the measurements aren’t perfect, but close enough. Approved for the contest. Good luck finding some bigger fish to put on the board. Later Jeff
So did I miss the souths entries from last weekend? It was too nice of weekend to not have any fish from down south... Or are you guys just entering the 28 or better fish this year? I'm okay to record your smaller fish and then we'll just bump them off if you get bigger fish to replace them... Wish I could have gotten out more myself, but was fun for a couple hours that I was able to get out... Well looking for a lot of bumps soon... Good luck all... Later Jeff
May have been some southern fish caught this past weekend, but none posted so far.  

Cool
Wink 
Jeff, anything less than 30.5" won't really matter in the end so I'm only going to enter ones of that size or better. Wink   Okay, the truth is I haven't gotten out yet. I'm buried under a big yard project until next week. I only get to move my boat out to make a path for the project. Don't worry about us though, we'll come on like gangbusters soon.
The older I get the more I would rather be considered a good man than a good fisherman.

(04-05-2021, 06:37 PM)catchinon Wrote: Jeff, anything less than 30.5" won't really matter in the end so I'm only going to enter ones of that size or better. Wink   Okay, the truth is I haven't gotten out yet. I'm buried under a big yard project until next week. I only get to move my boat out to make a path for the project. Don't worry about us though, we'll come on like gangbusters soon.
I know the south has a better tail end of the season than the north seems too, but you're usually warm sooner than up north, so I'd expect a little more action down there...

However, I do understand the spring projects and time constraints... Seems like I got plenty of them myself this year, so no judgement here....  Got my tax prep finally started last night, so hopefully I'll get it done in time for the Friday appointment... Hardest part is getting started for me and I managed to get it kicked off, thanks to the snowstorm making fishing look really unattractive last night... Well placed storm, now I hope to get a second good night in tonight so I'll be close enough to finish in time...

Anyway we'll score them (cats) when you catch them... Later Jeff
I've got 2 kids that are ready to go. My 14 year old has offered to drive the truck and pull the boat out to the lake for me, though he fails to remember that he doesn't have a license nor has he ever drove further than pulling the truck up in the driveway. Teenagers!!!! But really I'm progressing each day quite a bit. I wake up and I notice things I can do I couldn't do the day before. I really think a month or so I'll be on the water. Which is better than the 3 months projected.
Good to hear you are doing well.  Hopefully you'll be able to get out on the lake soon for some kitty therapy.
Wow, I didn't know they had predicted 3 months, that would be tough to take... Hope the month will be much closer... best of luck on continual improvements.. and hope those boys help you get there safe and sound.... Later Jeff
Yes it was hard to swallow butt any more time on that leg as a result of my back was just not acceptable. I could only stand 3-5 minutes so going to a store or getting on a boat was near impossible. Now I'm up to walking 5-6 blocks which is longer than the 1/4 block I could walk before. I'm getting there I'm loving reading all your success and seeing your pictures even if it is the north lol.
(04-01-2021, 10:04 PM)Tin-Can Wrote:
(04-01-2021, 05:13 PM)Jig-fisher Wrote: Jeff, just looking for approval on my new bump board.  Not a lot of commercial choices, I wanted a lighter color, and the lines darker, but I could see the measurements pretty easy when I took a picture.  I could also darken the lines with a marker if needed.  But the price was really good for an expandable bump board.

Paul, not sure what Jeff will say, but I suggest you keep the tape measure handy along with the new collapsible bump board. The contrast of yellow on the blue makes it stand out well. I've seen a few of those boards and after putting a few rowdy Cats on them, the numbers get kinda worn out.
But final call up to Jeff. 

be careful with this bump board Paul I had one. found that the stop clip in the middle would not always lock. giving different readings. ending up having to screw it to a piece of wood[Image: DSCN3367.jpg]
There's Always Time For One More Cast
(04-11-2021, 01:56 AM)Mooseman75 Wrote: Yes it was hard to swallow butt any more time on that leg as a result of my back was just not acceptable. I could only stand 3-5 minutes so going to a store or getting on a boat was near impossible. Now I'm up to walking 5-6 blocks which is longer than the 1/4 block I could walk before. I'm getting there I'm loving reading all your success and seeing your pictures even if it is the north lol.
Sounds like you’re doing well. That’s great to hear. Fishing for me is really hit and more miss this year. I got out in the boat with motor switch and it worked, sort of. Does great with single person in the boat, but won’t get on plane with a passenger. So it’s going to be slow. Was really windy so we had to fish the river, I got a 9.5 and 10.5” channel. I think they were close to the smallest of the year so far.  Anyway good luck on getting back as soon as possible and you know the south starts rocking in May and June, so hope you can be recovered by then. Later Jeff