Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Ice-off report
As with my ice report, I intend to list here when lakes are free of ice or free enough that boaters can fish a significant portion of the lake.

February 26
Utah Lake is ice-free.
Willard Bay is 99% cleared off.
Deer Creek is clear enough that it is being fished.

March 1
on Feb 12 Piute was all open water then

March 16
Ice is off at Pelican Lake! Starvation only has ice left in Knights Hollow and the Strawberry arm! Just an FYI. Continue to watch out for ice sheets throughout the week.
The older I get the more I would rather be considered a good man than a good fisherman.

Thanks for posting the information for those of us that are looking for open water.
I hope that anyone with vital information about clearing lakes will post here. Thanks for any and all help. If you have any warnings about unsafe ice please post that above in the Ice Report.
The older I get the more I would rather be considered a good man than a good fisherman.

Should we include reports of iced-up lakes that may not be safe for icefishing, of is that a different thread?
Bear River in Cache Valley is open water, some of the sloughs are still ice covered though including the Benson Marina boat ramp and Cache Junction ramp... Water is open close to them, but they still had ice on the 28th of February... Ballard Bridge ramp should be open, however, there were ice chunks floating down stream yesterday, as the temps warm up this week, that should clear up... Sorry I haven't been out to the valley view ramp, but I think it's close enough to the current, it may be open, but no first hand knowledge there yet...Later Jeff
When things get stressful think I'll go fish'en and worry about it tomorrow!
Springbuck, that information would probably be best to put in the Ice Report up above. Here I'm trying to keep track of lakes that have enough open water to be fished from shore at least. I do think it is vital to report those conditions but feel it would fit better up there.

With the exception of the back of Walsberg Bay the wind has cleared Deer Creek off from inlet to outlet. Both ramps have wedge docks in.
Live to hunt----- Hunt to live.
Drove by Otter Creek yesterday on my way to Fish Lake. It is open. Didn't see any ice.