Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lost Creek 2/26
Hit Lost Creek again this morning.  I made the long trek to the back again, but this time the hike wasn't too bad.  The slush had frozen up for the most part so the walking was a lot easier.  I must pick some of the worst weather days to go.  It snowed sideways again today in the morning and had to put the truck in 4 wheel drive just to get up the last part of the road to the dam. I had to stake the tent down and the wind blew all morning.  The sun did come out so it wasn't too cold in the tent.

I fished the same area as where I caught the big 23", but no busters today.  Fishing was slow but steady and caught more in the slot than under.  Lots of lookers that would just swim away without biting. I ended up catching about a dozen, 3 different species, rainbows, cutts and my first splake out of Lost Creek.[Image: 20210226-075100.jpg]

[Image: 20210226-090203.jpg]

[Image: 20210226-121552.jpg][Image: 20210226-085917.jpg]
Very nice, jealous of that splake, I’ve only seen them in photos. Congrats!
Great report, congrats on the Splake. Those bows look pretty chunky. Did everyone in your group catch fish or were you by yourself?
(02-26-2021, 11:53 PM)JArner Wrote: Very nice, jealous of that splake, I’ve only seen them in photos. Congrats!
Thanks Jim.  It was the only suspended fish I caught yesterday. I only saw maybe 5 fish all morning come through suspended.  Very different from last time where I caught almost 1/2 of them half way down.

(02-27-2021, 03:00 PM)wiperhunter2 Wrote: Great report, congrats on the Splake. Those bows look pretty chunky. Did everyone in your group catch fish or were you by yourself?
Thanks.  Yes the bows looked good today, and I caught more of them than cutts.  I went by myself.  Kind of last minute deal as my wife had plans with friends in the morning.
So they do exist! Nice job
Yes they do!  Pleasant surprise.  Thanks.