Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lincoln Beach 2/28
Done a boat check at LB,  showed up at noon found one trailer in the lot, all electronics seemed to work at home, big engine fired right up after a bit, still love that smell of a 2 stroke on a cold morning, brings back good memories of child hood,  small motor took a bit more have some fuel lines to fix, boat run good, done some recon on fishing spots, not as much water a last year, but sill fishable, water temp 38 deg,  looking a the weather they should be warming up by mid week to the end of the week. made a run to the island only 36 deg out there and over to SP Fork inlet,  nobody fishing,  

Coming back into the harbor noticed what looked like a DNR truck sitting there,  I figured if Im gonna get arrested just as well get it over with, nope not this time I had all my paper work,  but he did give me a vessel inspection,  passed that,  he told me he was planning on being down there more often this year, so you better watch out. 
 [Image: glass.jpg][Image: pelicans.jpg][Image: heading-out.jpg]
               O.C.F.D.
[Image: download.jpg]
Glad your boat cooperated on the first voyage.  Now if we can just get the water temps up to the magic 40 degree mark...to get those big girls active.

Hope your new white sticks treat you well this year.
Kinda anxious to get out there for a shake down cruise myself. I should be good on all the licenses and certifications except for boat license which ain't due until next month. (note to self: don't forget) Got new line on most of my reels and a new cartridge in PFD. All squared with the cat contest stuff, placard and name. Bring it on. 

Kinda worried about how long we will be able to launch when the irrigation demands begin??? Looks like another low water year but the fish have still gotta eat so I'll be there to accommodate.

I'll watch for your blue and white Bayliner Mike and give you a shout. When you get through with those walleyes you gotta get more serious about the cats.

BLK
Glad it's not me having to be the trailblazer. I had full intentions of being out there by now but my boat is still in the shop. They are waiting for mounting bracket for the quick release. Probably coming from Texas and I'll be screwed from fishing in the next two weeks lol.

Well I'm glad everything worked for you minus the small motor. Hope it's an easy fix
Pat I tested those white sticks a bit to make sure they still cast, still a sweet as sugar, just need more time on the water, have a Dr app thursday, sometimes I forget to go back to work if the wind is not blowing,

Lyn ya dont forget your paper work, he said he was going to try to be there more, he seemed to be a nice officer, but as long as you aint doing anything wrong your good with any officer.
Water level is not to bad, not to much of the island poking up, it was 3 FT under the boat in the channel, hopefully some good rain is coming, I'll see you down there,
               O.C.F.D.
(03-01-2021, 07:21 PM)Mooseman75 Wrote: Glad it's not me having to be the trailblazer. I had full intentions of being out there by now but my boat is still in the shop. They are waiting for mounting bracket for the quick release. Probably coming from Texas and I'll be screwed from fishing in the next two weeks lol.

Well I'm glad everything worked for you minus the small motor. Hope it's an easy fix
Was wanting to be out there earlier but mother nature said no,  I have broke ice out the harbor before, ya if your waiting for parts from texas it might be a while, here at work that storm last week still has our stuff late or lost, critical back order, 

Ya I had the little motor running before left, might be changing out all my fuel lines, its been a few years so its expected,  part of owning a boat.
               O.C.F.D.
I can't wait to get down to LB. My favorite place in the world. How is the lake level going to be this year? I like it full to get down in the weeds where I fish. If not I know I can catch them at Bird.
Its lower than last year but enough launch and run out the harbor wit the engine down,, I was reading 3 ft in the harbor.
               O.C.F.D.
Thanks Mike, It will be a month before I come down, hopefully it will go up. How is the snow pack near Provo this year?
(03-13-2021, 12:24 AM)fast_randy Wrote: Thanks Mike, It will be a month before I come down, hopefully it will go up. How is the snow pack near Provo this year?
Current numbers show 74% of normal for snow pack and that is after one of the wettest February totals on record. Best hope is that March and April are wet too!