Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Rockport 3/7
Found a few perch on rockport today, about 35 or so with most in the 6-8” range but the bite got hot from 10-12 and those were more solid slabs 9-12”. Also lost 2 big browns at the hole and soaked my sleeves up to the elbows trying to save him! 50’ of water and was still able to release about 10 back down. Edges are sketchy in the morning and dangerous in the afternoon. Had a plank with me but didn’t use it. [Image: C492-BC20-82-DF-4-FB1-964-B-7-A09203-E781-A.jpg]
Great report... I keep an eye on the withering ice around here and it's no longer safe, turned gray and heard of a guy going through the other day... It just collapsed underneath him and dropped him through... luckily it was only a couple feet deep there, but he still got wet... So watch it carefully things will be changing quickly with the nice warm days... Glad you got a great late trip in... Think I'll be starting to put my ice gear away soon... Those late high elevation trips are always a lot of fun though... Later Jeff
When things get stressful think I'll go fish'en and worry about it tomorrow!
(03-08-2021, 01:14 PM)SkunkedAgain Wrote: Great report... I keep an eye on the withering ice around here and it's no longer safe, turned gray and heard of a guy going through the other day... It just collapsed underneath him and dropped him through... luckily it was only a couple feet deep there, but he still got wet... So watch it carefully things will be changing quickly with the nice warm days... Glad you got a great late trip in... Think I'll be starting to put my ice gear away soon...  Those late high elevation trips are always a lot of fun though... Later Jeff
Yeah I am going to try and get on it again before it’s gone but I’ll be taking a plank next time so when I’m done fishing I’ll be able to get off the ice!
Congrats and thanks for the report. I'm not sure if I'll make it back up there this year so if you want the pizza I won in the big fish contest let me know.
The older I get the more I would rather be considered a good man than a good fisherman.