Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Berry 3/5-3/7
A little late getting this up but we did make it up to camp last weekend from Friday to Sunday. Ice had improved quite a bit with the cold temps all week and the slush layer we found last weekend was gone. ended up with over 80 fish between the 3 of us, mostly all cuts with a few bows mixed in. Biggest fish came in at 22.25in just breaking the slot. Beautiful weather all weekend with very little wind on Saturday. Came across a sled someone went thru the ice on at the spring going into renegade. It was siting on the bottom so I'm really surprised they didn't come back and pull it up on the island. As usual the thing had been stripped of some parts cause they left it there so long. I would imagine the DNR will get the registered info off of it sometime and charge them to remove it. Anyways it was a great trip to close out the ice camping season. I think ill make atleast one more day trip up next week as the temps have dropped pretty good up there. Here's a couple pics

[Image: 20210305-105842.jpg]

[Image: 20210305-113140.jpg]

[Image: 20210305-133709.jpg]

[Image: 20210305-174602.jpg]

[Image: 20210305-174743.jpg]

[Image: image000000-10.jpg]
That sled looks like it's been there a minute.
That's quite a city. Got rooms to rent?
Nice job Matt, glad you found a few more fish this trip.... Can't believe Skyler, who usually catches the most fish, is in such a slump.. He's starting to fish like me... Poor guy...Thanks for the report... Later Jeff
When things get stressful think I'll go fish'en and worry about it tomorrow!
(03-11-2021, 02:48 PM)Igottabigone Wrote: That sled looks like it's been there a minute.

For sure, the moss had taken over the skis and was well on its way to covering the motor

(03-11-2021, 03:29 PM)doitall5000 Wrote: That's quite a city. Got rooms to rent?

Actually this was the last trip that one was available LOL. My buddy has his X400 on KSL right now and is going to get the X300 for next season. With all the shuttling the marina is doing now I'm really surprised they don't have some shelters set up out there for people to rent. Was a good alarm clock every morn when the 1st wave of peeps were going out that's for sure, especially on Saturday.

(03-11-2021, 06:05 PM)SkunkedAgain Wrote: Nice job Matt, glad you found a few more fish this trip.... Can't believe Skyler, who usually catches the most fish, is in such a slump.. He's starting to fish like me...  Poor guy...Thanks for the report... Later Jeff

Ya he wasn't to happy with the few he had compared to me and Lawrence  Big Grin