Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Some rambling thoughts on ice fishing
(03-16-2021, 07:52 PM)dubob Wrote: ... so tomorrow I'll stow the ice fishing gear and work on putting the boat back together. 

Bob, I thought you enjoyed fishing Strawberry this time of year?
Still a lot of ice on Strawberry. Don't know how long it will last but as of yesterday there was plenty. Not many fisherman now. I quit ice fishing decades ago and just this year put some money into gear and have been having a blast. Makes a nice option for the cold months.
(03-16-2021, 09:00 PM)kentofnsl Wrote:
(03-16-2021, 07:52 PM)dubob Wrote: ... so tomorrow I'll stow the ice fishing gear and work on putting the boat back together. 

Bob, I thought you enjoyed fishing Strawberry this time of year?
I do enjoy ice fishing Strawberry right through the end of March and have done it for the past 5 years.  However, I now have a family health issue that prevents me from traveling that far for outdoor activities.  I am restricted to travel times of an hour or less each way and Strawberry is about 2 1/2 hours one way from Ogden.   Sad
Bob Hicks, from Utah
I'm 81 years young and going as hard as I can for as long as I can.
"Free men do not ask permission to bear arms."
Ice fishing sounds great! After your posts, I'm sure he'll definitely want to try it someday. Unfortunately, at the moment I do not have such food. Apart from the fact that the ice has already melted, I do not think that the ice in my area is strong enough for me to climb on it confidently and not worry that I will end up under it myself Sad