Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ice Off-Pelican Lake & Starvation
Ice is off at Pelican Lake! Starvation only has ice left in Knights Hollow and the Strawberry arm! Just an FYI. Continue to watch out for ice sheets throughout the week. [Image: IMG-9714.jpg]

Attached Files Image(s)

Thanks for the update and picture. Smile
(03-15-2021, 09:08 PM)gofish435 Wrote: Thanks for the update and picture. Smile

Thanks for your post, it's hard to get up-to-date posts on starvation. Picture are always great.  I'll be waiting for the walleyes to start.  So water temperature and ice out are very helpful.  Do you live that direction?
Doitall [Image: 20210225-091256.jpg]
(03-15-2021, 07:53 PM)LadyFish2 I was wondering if the bluegill fishing ever returned to Pelican after it was treated a few years ago? The wife and I use to make an annual ice fishing trip there every winter until the fishery took a dump 7 or 8 years ago. I think we started fishing it in the late 70s, thanks for any info you care to share. Wrote: Ice is off at Pelican Lake! Starvation only has ice left in Knights Hollow and the Strawberry arm! Just an FYI. Continue to watch out for ice sheets throughout the week. [Image: IMG-9714.jpg]
Most bluegill are small, 3 - 5" variety, currently with a few 7 - 8" present if you're lucky! It's shaping up to be great for bluegill in one more year. They're plentiful and growing very well! The bass are also looking nice and healthy, but still on the small side, 10 - 13" typically.
(03-19-2021, 12:42 AM)fishnate Wrote: Most bluegill are small, 3 - 5" variety, currently with a few 7 - 8" present if you're lucky! It's shaping up to be great for bluegill in one more year. They're plentiful and growing very well! The bass are also looking nice and healthy, but still on the small side, 10 - 13" typically.
Thanks for the update. I really miss fishing Pelican Lake. One of my favorite bass waters in Utah. I hope it makes a comeback. It was super Sad to hear the carp are already back. Maybe the tigers will help control population? My guess is the good old days of Pelican are over. I sure hope I'm wrong though.
Selective Harvest!
If the water will stay clear and the bluegill can find the carp fry they will do a better job of controlling them than the tigers will. Those little gills will eat anything that they can get into their mouths and try to eat things that they can't get in.
Live to hunt----- Hunt to live.