Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Utah lake walleye!!! 3-14-2021
Well Sunday morning I made the treck from grantsville down to sandy Beach, I got there about 9am and to my surprise I was the only one there all morning! I waded out past the weeds that are not in the water due to such low water levels, places that we caught walleye last year are dry, anyways I started with my ole stand by a 4" paddle tail grape color worm, then tried a 3.5" pulse r swim bait, and also a 3" white maniac minnow, after 3 hours of casting I finly caught a 9lb female and 7 smaller males, packed it up and went home, after a cold glass of tea I realized I didn't catch any fish I was dreaming while standing out there every stick and snag was a fish in my mind tho! Needless to say still a little early but hey ya gotta try! Fyi had a cat rod out as well with a whitebass head and 0 luck on that as well. [Image: 53882.jpg]
Wow ya got me, good thing I finished reading the article..
I'm sure that was how you dreamed it last night..
Whenever you get to sandy Beach and no ones there its safe to say its for a reason
Lol, every stick I catch is always the next state record. Nice to get out and enjoy the weather anyways.
(03-15-2021, 08:56 PM)Fritzfishin Wrote: Well Sunday morning I made the treck from grantsville down to sandy Beach, I got there about 9am and to my surprise I was the only one there all morning! I waded out past the weeds that are not in the water due to such low water levels, places that we caught walleye last year are dry, anyways I started with my ole stand by a 4" paddle tail grape color worm, then tried a 3.5" pulse r swim bait, and also a 3" white maniac minnow, after 3 hours of casting I finly caught a 9lb female and 7 smaller males, packed it up and went home, after a cold glass of tea I realized I didn't catch any fish I was dreaming while standing out there every stick and snag was a fish in my mind tho! Needless to say still a little early but hey ya gotta try! Fyi had a cat rod out as well with a whitebass head and 0 luck on that as well. [Image: 53882.jpg]
 You Bass turd! Had me going cause we didn't get a single bite Sunday at Provo.
I'll try again in 2 weeks if anyone wants to meet up!