Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2021 Willard Bay trip #2
Well the day was quite nice, not too cold, light to variable breeze, and only 2 of us on the water at the time I launched. 
Air temp when I made the turn over the bridge near Smith & Edwards was 51 deg.   By the time I got the boat lined up on the ramp and looked at the temp indicated in my truck data screen, air temp had dropped to 46   Dodgy . 

Water temp in the marina and out the channel was 44, and with the constant light breeze blowing it only got up to about 45. 

Hit several of my go to Cat spots out off the feed lot like yesterday. But I guess all the hungry cats have moved on. Nary a single nibble or tug today.   
"OCD = Obsessive Catfish Disorder "
    Or so it says on my license plate holder

Cool
Great to see the temperture reports thank you.. did you see people fishing in the river inlet channel??
Any other boats out?
In went to jordanelle got no bites.
I spent today golfing and then adding fishing stuff to my boat. I should be ready to go soonest. Have not switched out the FFinder that came with the boat for the better one - that's a fairly large job. Hope to hit Willard no later then next week. S'posed to have some weather later this week. We'll see...
Too bad on the catching today Forest.  Early Willard is always a crapshoot.  At least the weather was nice.
(03-15-2021, 09:57 PM)doitall5000 Wrote: Great to see the temperture reports thank you.. did you see people fishing in the river inlet channel??
Any other boats out?

There were several boats out last Sunday. But yesterday there was one Ranger Bass boat launching same time as me, and only 1 other trailer in the lot when I left about 2 P.M.    Saw just one guy up the inlet channel on  the bank, looked to be fly fishing...maybe.

Cool
(03-16-2021, 07:05 PM)Tin-Can Wrote:
(03-15-2021, 09:57 PM)doitall5000 Wrote: Great to see the temperture reports thank you.. did you see people fishing in the river inlet channel??
Any other boats out?

There were several boats out last Sunday. But yesterday there was one Ranger Bass boat launching same time as me, and only 1 other trailer in the lot when I left about 2 P.M.    Saw just one guy up the inlet channel on  the bank, looked to be fly fishing...maybe.
So tin can how was fishing? Are you just looking for cats?
(03-16-2021, 09:47 PM)doitall5000 Wrote:
(03-16-2021, 07:05 PM)Tin-Can Wrote:
Any other boats out?

So tin can how was fishing? Are you just looking for cats?

Got skunked yesterday, caught 2 Cats Sunday. Water is still a bit cold for some other species, so I've been trying for that "anything that bites" species....   Rolleyes

Cool
I'll be going Thursday morning,.
Hey tin-can my boat is like yours, I built a set of stairs so I can launch by myself. I'd like to show you to see what you think.

[Image: 20210315-113653.jpg]
Is the cleaning station open??
(03-17-2021, 02:36 PM)doitall5000 Wrote: I'll be going Thursday morning,.
Hey tin-can my boat is like yours, I built a set of stairs so I can launch by myself. I'd like to show you to see what you think.

[Image: 20210315-113653.jpg]
Is the cleaning station open??

That's a good looking boat. Looks like you did alot of refurbish work and repainted the hull ?   I just walk down my truck bed, over the tailgate and along the trailer to the bow and climb in. 

No, cleaning station isn't open yet. Normally opens just before Memorial Day, maybe a bit sooner if no freezing weather is forecast.

Cool