Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Two Day Start to Cat Contest
I'm just amazed and almost embarrassed to post my first 2 days on the river. The water is so cold and it is so far away from when the cats get really active, (or so I thought).  But these fish hit like champs and fought extremely well.

Yesterday 3/15.  4 bites, 4 fish caught. including a 30" beautiful cat.  I was floored to catch such a great fish right out of the gate.

Today 3/16.  1 bite, 1 fish caught.  When I hooked it and it started to pull, I thought "it feels bigger than yesterday's fish".  When it started taking big runs of pulling drag on the 20 lb test, I knew it was big.  When I netted and subsequently measured the fish I knew it was special.  Just over 32" long.  I still don't have my scale with me, it is in my ice fishing stuff.  So no weight, but still just amazed at the quality of fish.

[Image: 30-inch-3-15.jpg]

[Image: 32-inch-3-16.jpg]

[Image: 20210316-152612.jpg]

[Image: 20210316-152612-1.jpg]
Now wait just one minute.... two fish, 30 and 32, the first two days of the contest?? I'm saying the fish were shipped in from the Mississippi River and claimed as BR cats?? Rolleyes

Very nice fish and a great start. Slow down a bit and let the rest of us get started. Keep them coming, always fun to see the pics. Keep a watch over your shoulder cuz the South comes on strong as the water warms. 

Best to ya,
BLK
Paul, I will go hunt ya down some bait. You just stay right there and reel em in.
Remember: keep the lid on the worms, share your jerky, and stop by to say hi to Cookie and the Cowboy-Pirate crew
(03-16-2021, 11:53 PM)Boatloadakids Wrote: Now wait just one minute.... two fish, 30 and 32, the first two days of the contest?? I'm saying the fish were shipped in from the Mississippi River and claimed as BR cats?? Rolleyes
Chant: DNA DNA DNA
Good fishing to all.   Hue
(03-16-2021, 11:53 PM)Boatloadakids Wrote: Now wait just one minute.... two fish, 30 and 32, the first two days of the contest?? I'm saying the fish were shipped in from the Mississippi River and claimed as BR cats?? Rolleyes

Very nice fish and a great start. Slow down a bit and let the rest of us get started. Keep them coming, always fun to see the pics. Keep a watch over your shoulder cuz the South comes on strong as the water warms. 

Best to ya,
BLK
I got a good laugh out of that one and I enjoy the playful ribbing.  Thanks, I know the contest will go another 8 months or so and lots of time for all to make a run.  But it does feel good to get a couple of bruisers really early.
I told my wife about your 3 cats last nite. 
 She made a similar comment to what BLK did.  Big Grin 
Good on ya Paul.  
I'm heading up to BRBR later this morning after my last cataract post op check.  Maybe I'll "see"  ?? some cats too. 
"OCD = Obsessive Catfish Disorder "
    Or so it says on my license plate holder

Cool
Way to go Paul, man I've got to get out on the water... Irrigation company meeting last night, anniversary today... Looks like Thursday or Friday before I can get another shot, but don't wait for me... Keep the big boys coming... Seems like this is when I get my best cats of the year, so keep cranking them in and then we'll hope the south can't keep up... Very nice job... Later Jeff
When things get stressful think I'll go fish'en and worry about it tomorrow!
Well finished with the eye doctor. Was all ready to head up to BRBR, but will need to wait a while now. Dr. put drops in eyes to dilate, and it's way too bright out right now even with sun glasses.   Cool  
"OCD = Obsessive Catfish Disorder "
    Or so it says on my license plate holder

Cool