Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Skunked at Willard
Spent a few hours yesterday afternoon inside the north marina. Nothing, nada. Third trip this year and two have ended fishless. Only reason I go this early is to get my skunk quota finished for the year. Water temp was 49 degrees.
(03-18-2021, 12:40 PM)FatBiker Wrote: Spent a few hours yesterday afternoon inside the north marina. Nothing, nada. Third trip this year and two have ended fishless. Only reason I go this early is to get my skunk quota finished for the year. Water temp was 49 degrees.
Sorry Willard is not treating you well this year Larry, did you try outside the marina? Last time we were there two weeks ago we did pretty good straight out from the marina channel.
Sorry to hear that Mr. FB. I’m hoping that this year will be a good year for Wipers and Walleye.

Wiperhunter2 what were you targeting and what did you catch?
(03-18-2021, 12:40 PM)FatBiker Wrote: Spent a few hours yesterday afternoon inside the north marina. Nothing, nada. Third trip this year and two have ended fishless. Only reason I go this early is to get my skunk quota finished for the year. Water temp was 49 degrees.
Larry I didn't think you even had a single skunk quota, but nice to see others can share my pain sometimes... Maybe you were wearing your mask and the fish didn't recognize who it was... That must have been the problem... they probably thought it was me... Well looking forward to better trips for you in the future.. Later Jeff
When things get stressful think I'll go fish'en and worry about it tomorrow!
The only good news is that we know the water temps in the Marina is up to 49 degrees?????? Must be really cold out in the main lake still.
Larry's problem is that he's in my old kayak, and the fish think it's still me out there. If he could hear better, he'd have heard them laughing. Last time I was in it, a carp mooned me.

Note to self: Wear a mask at Willard so the fish don't recognize me in the new boat.
(03-18-2021, 05:43 PM)BSF Wrote: Wiperhunter2 what were you targeting and what did you catch?
Here is a link to my report:

https://bigfishtackle.com/forum/showthre...id=1097490

This time of the year cats are the easiest thing to catch at Willard but every once in a while an eye or wiper will show up.

Hey Larry, now I don't feel quite so bad. I've made 3 trips to Willard this year, got 2 Cats one trip, and 2 Skunks on the other 2, including today.   Confused .
"OCD = Obsessive Catfish Disorder "
    Or so it says on my license plate holder

Cool
(03-18-2021, 06:07 PM)RockyRaab2 Wrote: Larry's problem is that he's in my old kayak, and the fish think it's still me out there. If he could hear better, he'd have heard them laughing. Last time I was in it, a carp mooned me.

Note to self: Wear a mask at Willard so the fish don't recognize me in the new boat.
Rocky, there are few benefits to being old, wore out and some times a little grumpy. Not hearing the fish laugh at you is definitely one of them.