Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
First time out for cat fish this year
Thumbs Up 
Got the boat back from the marina and it now goes in reverse.  Big Grin  Headed to the Roanoke for some early cat fishing. Rock season was only a week this year, so no one at the ramp.  Huh  I tried cut Herring and made up a nylon sock to put chicken livers in. My third stop got me a nice 7 lb blue cat. No other hits but great to be out fishing again. I only keep the larger cats as they make a great fillet. I'll be at it again next week.
(03-18-2021, 01:46 PM)gdn443 Wrote: Got the boat back from the marina and it now goes in reverse.  Big Grin  Headed to the Roanoke for some early cat fishing. Rock season was only a week this year, so no one at the ramp.  Huh  I tried cut Herring and made up a nylon sock to put chicken livers in. My third stop got me a nice 7 lb blue cat. No other hits but great to be out fishing again. I only keep the larger cats as they make a great fillet. I'll be at it again next week.
Wow, a 7 lber is a good fish Gregg, did you get any pics of it? So you tried herring and chicken livers, at the same time or seperate? Do they have skip jack around where you live?
(03-18-2021, 02:34 PM)wiperhunter2 Wrote:
(03-18-2021, 01:46 PM)gdn443 Wrote: Got the boat back from the marina and it now goes in reverse.  Big Grin  Headed to the Roanoke for some early cat fishing. Rock season was only a week this year, so no one at the ramp.  Huh  I tried cut Herring and made up a nylon sock to put chicken livers in. My third stop got me a nice 7 lb blue cat. No other hits but great to be out fishing again. I only keep the larger cats as they make a great fillet. I'll be at it again next week.
Wow, a 7 lber is a good fish Gregg, did you get any pics of it? So you tried herring and chicken livers, at the same time or seperate? Do they have skip jack around where you live?
I tried the two baits on separate rods. We can fish with multable rods per person here, unlike commieCT. They probable do have Jacks but that's out on salt water. That big water is tough on the Lund's size. OK Why does it show the whole conversation when I do a reply?
(03-19-2021, 06:52 PM)gdn443 Wrote: I tried the two baits on separate rods. We can fish with multable rods per person here, unlike commieCT. They probable do have Jacks but that's out on salt water. That big water is tough on the Lund's size. OK Why does it show the whole conversation when I do a reply?
Hit the big black reply button, instead of the small one below each reply and you won't get the whole conversation or you can hit the backspace button and remove everything you don't want in your reply. 
 The jacks I'm talking about are freshwater fish, we caught them in Alabama and used their guts for catfish bait.