Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Any new Smith/Morehouse info?
Thinking about heading up in the next couple of days, anyone care to share any fresh info?
Road conditions for snow machines?
Lures that perform?
Baits that work?
I’ve never fished there so just trying to glean as much info as possible for a successful trip for my wife and I.
Thanks!
I haven't been there since March 5th, but I'm confident that the conditions haven't changed much. Park at the turnoff from the highway to Smith and Morehouse (it is clearly marked), in the large parking lot. Be aware that although the parking lot is large if you don't get there early it may be difficult to find a parking spot (it is a popular place for the cabin owners to park). The road in is groomed but still bumpy. Just take it slow until you get a feel for how bumpy it is.

I like to fish the east side of the reservoir about 3/4 of the way towards the south end. The river enters the reservoir on the southeast side of the reservoir. Don't get too close to the south end, or the ice may be thinner from the moving water. Try about 75 yards, or so, from the bank. Most of the fish are small, so I prefer small jigs tipped with a small chunk of night crawler or a mealworm. It is beautiful up there.
Fantastic information, thanks Kent!
Not looking for numbers or size, just a fun ride with my wife with a little fishing as the destination.
I bought her a snowmobile and she is still getting used to it.
(03-20-2021, 04:21 PM)MrShane Wrote: Fantastic information, thanks Kent!
Not looking for numbers or size, just a fun ride with my wife with a little fishing as the destination.
My Mom had some health stuff come up and I helped her out the last few days, I did not make it up.
I am all loaded up and weather looks beautiful saturday, but unfortunately will probably be crowded.
Might just risk a crowded parking lot and go up anyway.
Any fresh report on road, ice cap conditions please?
(03-25-2021, 02:59 PM)MrShane Wrote:
(03-20-2021, 04:21 PM)MrShane Wrote: Fantastic information, thanks Kent!
My Mom had some health stuff come up and I helped her out the last few days, I did not make it up.
I am all loaded up and weather looks beautiful saturday, but unfortunately will probably be crowded.
Might just risk a crowded parking lot and go up anyway.
Any fresh report on road, ice cap conditions please?

You should be fine, just get to the parking lot as early as possible and they also park along the main road (just across from the parking lot).