Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How is Utah Lake?
Me, my dad, and my dads friend are heading up to Utah Lake on Friday to (Hopefully) Latch into my first Walleye! Has anyone done well recently? Any tips? Thanks guy! You all rock!
Why do I like fishing so much? The same reason why you like breathing so much, It keeps me alive.
The last reports I heard were they were about a week out, and that was about a week ago.  No reports that I have heard this week, but, they have got to be close.
Was there on friday, not so good, everything was aligned. stars, planets, OK weather a couple good days before, seemed like everyone got the memo BUT the fish, looking at the weather I would wait till sat or sunday,
               O.C.F.D.
[Image: download.jpg]
(03-23-2021, 06:34 PM)MSM1970 Wrote: Was there on friday, not so good,  everything was aligned. stars, planets, OK weather a couple good days before, seemed like everyone got the memo BUT the fish, looking at the weather I would wait till sat or sunday,
We were also going to fish Saturday. Its still a little early.
Why do I like fishing so much? The same reason why you like breathing so much, It keeps me alive.
Early for what? its been soft water for a month now,
               O.C.F.D.
Do you have a boat or are you planning to wade? You can do either around Lincoln Point. You'll see a big raft of boats and a bunch of guys standing up to their armpits in the good spots. I think it is important to understand that there is pre-spawn, spawn, and post-spawn fishing and all can be good if you know what to do. I don't, but MSM1970 knows as much as anybody so pay good attention to anything he says. Good luck and have fun.
The older I get the more I would rather be considered a good man than a good fisherman.

(03-24-2021, 05:11 PM)catchinon Wrote: Do you have a boat or are you planning to wade? You can do either around Lincoln Point. You'll see a big raft of boats and a bunch of guys standing up to their armpits in the good spots. I think it is important to understand that there is pre-spawn, spawn, and post-spawn fishing and all can be good if you know what to do. I don't, but MSM1970 knows as much as anybody so pay good attention to anything he says. Good luck and have fun.
Yup. We will be on a boat. Thanks for the info!
In a boat pay attention to wind, if it sound like a train coming, leave dont think leave, 3 ft swells can happen in minute, stay aleast 100 yds form shore under full throttle, props are expensive, sneak strait into the fishing area slow, I use jigs mostly, rapalas work to but loosing 5$ in the rocks hurts, I always use floating ones,

Like Craig said, you will see the waders if the fish are in, a few boats in certain spots, pay attention to where they are, it take alot to learn, just have to keep at it.
               O.C.F.D.
(03-24-2021, 06:18 PM)MSM1970 Wrote: In a boat pay attention to wind, if it sound like a train coming,  leave  dont think leave, 3 ft swells can happen in minute,  stay aleast 100 yds form shore under full throttle, props are expensive,  sneak strait into the fishing area slow, I use jigs mostly, rapalas work to but loosing 5$ in the rocks hurts, I always use floating ones,

Like Craig said, you will see the waders if the fish are in,  a few boats in certain spots,  pay attention to where they are, it take alot to learn, just have to keep at it.
Thanks again!
(03-22-2021, 08:42 PM)Backyard Boy T.V. Wrote: Me, my dad, and my dads friend are heading up to Utah Lake on Friday to (Hopefully) Latch into my first Walleye! Has anyone done well recently? Any tips? Thanks guy! You all rock!
They have been catching them sandy beach the last 3 weeks. Bout 30 min before sunset and an hour into dark. I've not had much luck, but they are biting. Mix of males and females.