Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2021 Willard Bay trip #4
I don't fish out of the north end of WB very often, but decide to give it a go today. Got to the north parking lot about 1030 and there was at least 6 DNR trucks and a couple boat trailers, and one guy working on his trailer bunks. 

[Image: 012-24-Mar-21-1032-a-m-North-marina.jpg]

[Image: 013-1042-launch.jpg]

Got launched and then remembered why I don't use the north marina much.....parking further away and long walk from lot to dock, or from dock to outhouse  Dodgy .  But I had the dock and the water pretty much to myself.  Motored over to the north end of my GPS waypoints for the Kitty Condos. Had a light breeze in just the right direction to do a bait drift in 9-12 fow. 

[Image: 014-looking-south-1119-a-m.jpg]

Took me almost exactly 1 hour from arrival to first (and only bite) But boated a Kitty that will at least get me started on the Contest. 

[Image: 015a.jpg]

Departed at 3:15 p.m. 
"OCD = Obsessive Catfish Disorder "
    Or so it says on my license plate holder

Cool
You had the same luck as Ira and I did today. We were after walleye, out where the DWR were pulling their nets today but gave up after several hours and went after the cats in that same area but needless to say, there were few on the West end of the lake that wanted to play. Sad
(03-24-2021, 11:16 PM)Tin-Can Wrote: I don't fish out of the north end of WB very often, but decide to give it a go today. Got to the north parking lot about 1030 and there was at least 6 DNR trucks and a couple boat trailers, and one guy working on his trailer bunks. 

[Image: 012-24-Mar-21-1032-a-m-North-marina.jpg]

[Image: 013-1042-launch.jpg]

Got launched and then remembered why I don't use the north marina much.....parking further away and long walk from lot to dock, or from dock to outhouse  Dodgy .  But I had the dock and the water pretty much to myself.  Motored over to the north end of my GPS waypoints for the Kitty Condos. Had a light breeze in just the right direction to do a bait drift in 9-12 fow. 

[Image: 014-looking-south-1119-a-m.jpg]

Took me almost exactly 1 hour from arrival to first (and only bite) But boated a Kitty that will at least get me started on the Contest. 

[Image: 015a.jpg]

Departed at 3:15 p.m. 

I like your new craft!  How does that Plat on your motor work for you? Can you get up to planning, when your the only one in the boat?Were the dnr nets on the north dike?
(03-25-2021, 12:41 AM)doitall5000 Wrote:
(03-24-2021, 11:16 PM)Tin-Can Wrote: [Image: 013-1042-launch.jpg]
 I like your new craft!  How does that Plat on your motor work for you? Can you get up to planning, when your the only one in the boat?Were the dnr nets on the north dike?

Thanks for the kind words.... but that isn't a new craft.  That's my almost 14 year old Lund   Wink .  The motor is new last year though.  That trolling plate really doesn't affect the normal operation and plane when it's full up like in the photo. 
The motor has a power trim and yes I can plane up at about 10 mph with a top speed of 14 to 16 mph when I'm alone. I have 3,  40 lb. sand bags in the bow as additional ballast to offset my weight in the back.  When I have another person in seat up front, I take the sand bags out.   Cool .  
"OCD = Obsessive Catfish Disorder "
    Or so it says on my license plate holder

Cool