Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Jordanelle news
Way to go state parks @ Jordanelle.  They have maintained the cameras and just added one more showing the main gate at hailstones. That can be very helpful.
I wish the cameras at utah lake ,and willard were working. That one at the north marina at willard was a good one. But not working for a few years now.
(03-25-2021, 12:58 AM)doitall5000 Wrote: Way to go state parks @ Jordanelle.  They have maintained the cameras and just added one more showing the main gate at hailstones. That can be very helpful.
I wish the cameras at utah lake ,and willard were working. That one at the north marina at willard was a good one. But not working for a few years now.
I called the owners of that web cam at Willard a few years ago, after they shut it down, they said no one was paying for that camera, that is why it was shut down. I tried to get members to help get the camera back up and running but we could not get enough to pay the fee on a monthly bases.
They used to have a camera on the Island ramp at Deer Creek that was handy.  The parking lot camera at Jordanelle gives you an idea of how crowded the lake might be before you decide to go.

I can imagine that if they were able to install cameras at all of the state park boat ramps that it would cut down on a lot of their calls asking about water conditions.

It sure is nice to know what the conditions are at a location before you spend an hour or two driving there.