Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hard to get the boat out when the ice is still so good
I keep getting this itch to get out on the boat and give Deer Creek or Jordanelle a try but with still great conditions at Strawberry and Soldier Creek I'm afraid that I'm going to get a rash!!!!  Hahaha!  We went last Sunday back to Soldier Creek marina and had another great day of fishing.  Fished in about 60 FOW and caught over 20 fish again.  Most coming around 40 ft and on our go to baits, white tube and chartreuse and pink pout, with good sized cuttys and a sprinkle of a rainbow or two.  BUT every trip home past DC or Jordanelle it seems the neck strain past to see how much open water gets a bit stronger.  Anyway......here's my latest video of our trip with some of the better catches.  Feel free to give a look.  I'm hoping the videos are getting better.  There's some pretty cool shots of the releases of a couple of fish that I feel are worth watching.  Please don't hesitate to give me any feedback on how to make these videos better.  

https://youtu.be/XPu-Wne8piI
Lots of fun with great company. Thanks for the movie. One thing to make an improvement.
Lots of hot buttery popcorn ?.
I'm really regretting putting my ice gear away, good video. Thanks for sharing.
I used to love that March fishing at the Berry, sunny, warm and still plenty of ice. Soft water will come soon enough!
(03-26-2021, 06:38 PM)remo_5_0 Wrote: I used to love that March fishing at the Berry, sunny, warm and still plenty of ice. Soft water will come soon enough!
Email from DNR this week states that Hyrum is now ice free.  Hmmmmm!   Big Grin
Bob Hicks, from Utah
I'm 81 years young and going as hard as I can for as long as I can.
"Free men do not ask permission to bear arms."