Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mantua tickets...
I haven't fish the pond for some time and had been discouraged by the parking issues I've recently read here.  Sounds like changes occurred, see:

https://www.ksl.com/article/50136346/man...ers-resign
(03-30-2021, 05:18 PM)Totallyswede Wrote: I haven't fish the pond for some time and had been discouraged by the parking issues I've recently read here.  Sounds like changes occurred, see:

https://www.ksl.com/article/50136346/man...ers-resign
Does this mean the ticket I received won't be valid anymore...?
No it probably means the fine will be higher... Don't think the new chief was writing enough tickets to keep the city fathers in Boss Hog fashion, so they canned him... Just my take on the issue... Maybe they should get rid of the Mayor up there... Later J
When things get stressful think I'll go fish'en and worry about it tomorrow!
https://www.ksl.com/article/50137174

Getting rid of the mayor sounds like a good idea after I read this.
Think I read somewhere that the mayor was a former officer in Mantua, probably the original one that wrote all the tickets... Couldn't believe they pulled me over for the light on my license plate holder was out... at least I got a warning and didn't have to do a fix-it ticket... Guess that happens late at night when you're not speeding or drunk... Know I was sure surprised to get pulled over... had no idea what for...

Well I know the speed limit is not observed by many drivers in that canyon, so I guess I shouldn't be mad when they nail some of the law breakers, but it always seems like the ones that need a ticket get away with it and the ones that are just verily over the limit get the tickets... and it seemed like Mantua was out to write lots of tickets, not just to catch those that are a danger to others... Well I hope they get things figured out and I guess my dealings with chief Castro were all positive so I tend to stick up for him, seems like he was doing a good job and not out to gouge everyone that came to town... don't know the full story, but from what I knew he seemed okay to me... Later Jeff
When things get stressful think I'll go fish'en and worry about it tomorrow!
Chief Castro did save Fatbiker's life after all and risked his life doing it. Sounds like a hero to me. Sounds like he had more of a strategy of community presence.  If he really did get canned for not writing enough tickets and bringing in revenue, that sounds pretty egregious. I think tax payers preffer having police there when you need them rather than being ticketed to boost funds. Just another of my 2 cents.
I met chief Castro while fishing this winter, he seemed like a good cop and was very interested
in the ice fishing scene at Mantua. I had spotted some junk out on thin ice and reported it to
be sure it was not a fisherman in trouble, he showed up right away and glassed the junk which
turned out to be some vinyl balloons.
I hope he is still with Mantua.
(04-01-2021, 12:12 AM)DailyAngler Wrote: Chief Castro did save Fatbiker's life after all and risked his life doing it. Sounds like a hero to me. Sounds like he had more of a strategy of community presence.  If he really did get canned for not writing enough tickets and bringing in revenue, that sounds pretty egregious. I think tax payers preffer having police there when you need them rather than being ticketed to boost funds. Just another of my 2 cents.
From the article. "City officials have not said why Castro was dismissed."

Since the article went on in detail about the previous officer they had to fire and and his DUI, it feels like that have qualms about their reasoning this time around. 
A friend of a friend of a ...... tells me that Castro was fired because he would not enforce "quotas" on tickets, which I understand are illegal anyway.  The same friend of a friend of a ........ tells me that Eleven deputies quit when Castro was fired.  This friend of a friend of a ...... is pretty far inside the circle, but shall remain nameless.

It is the rumor that Mantua keeps property taxes way down by using tickets to fatten the city coffers.  Such rumors, and the history of tickets, has kept me from fishing Mantua during the winter, and makes me set my cruise control well below the speed limit when driving up the canyon.....never know when Barny will be back.

Assuming the friend of a friend of a ....... is correct, and assuming the same rumors are correct on the property taxes/tickets thing, I bet the Mayor is gasping and sucking wind now that he will have NO ticket income until he can get a new NAZI enforcer to bring in more questionable ticket income.  I wonder how much budget shortfall the mayor will have now?  With a little luck, on the next election perhaps the current Mayor will find that they could not even be elected dog catcher.  Makes me want to move there to run against the ........ never mind.
(04-05-2021, 04:44 PM)Anglinarcher Wrote: A friend of a friend of a ...... tells me that Castro was fired because he would not enforce "quotas" on tickets, which I understand are illegal anyway.  The same friend of a friend of a ........ tells me that Eleven deputies quit when Castro was fired.  This friend of a friend of a ...... is pretty far inside the circle, but shall remain nameless.

It is the rumor that Mantua keeps property taxes way down by using tickets to fatten the city coffers.  Such rumors, and the history of tickets, has kept me from fishing Mantua during the winter, and makes me set my cruise control well below the speed limit when driving up the canyon.....never know when Barny will be back.

Assuming the friend of a friend of a ....... is correct, and assuming the same rumors are correct on the property taxes/tickets thing, I bet the Mayor is gasping and sucking wind now that he will have NO ticket income until he can get a new NAZI enforcer to bring in more questionable ticket income.  I wonder how much budget shortfall the mayor will have now?  With a little luck, on the next election perhaps the current Mayor will find that they could not even be elected dog catcher.  Makes me want to move there to run against the ........ never mind.
Dont think mantua has 11 deputies  plus the police chief