Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Anyone going to Strawberry this week?
Even though I am in the process of getting my boat ready (I just put in a new water impeller a few days ago) I still have my ice gear in my truck ready to go.
Hoping if someone goes up tomorrow they would report back on ice conditions, particularly the edges.
I would like to go up thurs or friday for one more trip then most likely stash the gear until end of 2021.
I wish I was still heading up. The temps have been staying in the right zone that's for sure.. here's a link to the coop creek temp sensor which is located right where you turn to go to the marina from the highway. Chilly singe digits this morning.

https://www.wrh.noaa.gov/mesowest/timese...aw=0&w=325
Wish I could go as well, but put my sled away for the year, still finishing my boat rework... Had to buy a crimper for the Deutsch wire connections and I think it had to come from Germany or China, so won't be here until about the tenth of April.... uuurgh... I think after I can fix the wire connections that I'll be ready for the shake down cruise... Hope I didn't screw anything up too badly in the re-motor update.... Good luck Shane... Later Jeff
When things get stressful think I'll go fish'en and worry about it tomorrow!
I got to the ladders this morning at 6:30. All the snow is melted off the top but no slush at all this morning. There's 8" of cloudy ice on top and 10" of clear ice under that. The sides of the lake have some ice dams pushed up - I guess that's what happens when the sun comes out hard maybe. At least at the ladders there wasn't even a hint of thin ice anywhere except where the water comes in and that is still iced over. There's still a little crust most places making it really easy to walk, and pulling a sled by hand is as easy as it gets. On the other hand fishing was slow this morning, we saw fewer than normal on the graph, and many were just curious - not biting. Full moon maybe? Same thing happened to me last month... Did manage to get a few. I had to leave at 9:30.

I thought maybe this would be my last trip but I think in a week I'll see if I can get out one more time. Looks like temps won't go below freezing for the next week at least.